Honda HRX217HYA Grass Bag

HONDA-GUY

Threads
Hello everyone,
New guy to the forum, I have looked through forum for a while and gotten lots of good info and ideas so I decided to join and ask my question. I Recently purchased a Honda HRX217HYA mower and wow what a machine! My only complaint is the white grass bag, stained pretty easy pretty quick. I know it's only cosmetic but little things can bug me from time to time. Does anyone know if a black bag from the various other Honda mowers would fit on the HRX grass bag frame? I've searched part numbers, compared pictures of other frames and can't seem to get a definitive conclusion. My apologies if this topic has been covered somewhere already I did not search for it. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does anyone know if a black bag from the various other Honda mowers would fit on the HRX grass bag frame?

Most of the black grass bags fit the commercial (HRC) or steel-deck (HRR) Honda models, and they use a totally different frame/set-up than the HRX, and are not interchangeable.

I will pass this on to our planning group, as you are not the first to make this request.

HONDA-GUY

Threads
Most of the black grass bags fit the commercial (HRC) or steel-deck (HRR) Honda models, and they use a totally different frame/set-up than the HRX, and are not interchangeable.

I will pass this on to our planning group, as you are not the first to make this request.

Thanks for the info Robert! That would be great if they could/would make a black bag for it. If you don't mind I do have another question. I've read through quite a bit of posts that you have responded to and one that interests me is the dual stage air filter conversion for the HRX217HYA mower you have mentioned in other posts. The posts I have found were 1-2 years old so, I was wondering if I could do this conversion even though my mower is a K4 version? I'm told this is the "latest" model and wasn't sure if any design changes took place as far as part changes. Thanks in advance!

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
...dual stage air filter conversion for the HRX217HYA mower you have mentioned in other posts. The posts I have found were 1-2 years old so, I was wondering if I could do this conversion even though my mower is a K4 version? I'm told this is the "latest" model and wasn't sure if any design changes took place as far as part changes. Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can convert any late-model GCV engine to use the 2-stage GSV air filter. I've done it on my HRX, and if you are operating in a dusty environment, or just want that extra layer of filtration, it is an inexpensive upgrade.

magbarn

Threads
Yes, you can convert any late-model GCV engine to use the 2-stage GSV air filter. I've done it on my HRX, and if you are operating in a dusty environment, or just want that extra layer of filtration, it is an inexpensive upgrade.

It fit on my 'K3' HRX217HYA before I exchanged it for a HRC, but the dual stage is awesome, my paper filter stays really clean now.

charley95

Threads
I would rather have a stained white bag than have to put up with the poor quality of my old Toro. My Toro had the black bag. My Toro had the heavy cast deck and gave a terrible cut. The one thing that I liked about the Briggs & Stratton is it had an oil filter. The Toro can't come close to handling heavy dense grass like the Honda. Maybe pressure wash the bag when your done.

HONDA-GUY

Threads
Thanks for all the info regarding the two stage filter! I've ordered the parts and should be here by Monday. I'm not operating in too much of a dusty environment but,maybe it's an over kill, I would feel better with the extra layer of filtration. Anybody have any thoughts about the stainless steel deck guards? Does anyone have them and feel they are worth it or is it an over kill.

HONDA-GUY

Threads
I would rather have a stained white bag than have to put up with the poor quality of my old Toro. My Toro had the black bag. My Toro had the heavy cast deck and gave a terrible cut. The one thing that I liked about the Briggs & Stratton is it had an oil filter. The Toro can't come close to handling heavy dense grass like the Honda. Maybe pressure wash the bag when your done.

I agree with you on that one! I got rid of my toro and picked up the HRX217HYA man what a difference! I was skeptical at first because of the price tag but IMO you definitely get what you pay for with Honda. I purchased one of their trimmers a week later and never looked back. I'm finding the stained bag really isn't bothering me anymore.

sea157

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for all the info regarding the two stage filter! I've ordered the parts and should be here by Monday. I'm not operating in too much of a dusty environment but,maybe it's an over kill, I would feel better with the extra layer of filtration. Anybody have any thoughts about the stainless steel deck guards? Does anyone have them and feel they are worth it or is it an over kill.

The deck guards sure save my deck from getting all scuffed up when I am always mowing close to cement and brick walls.

sea157

Forum Newbie
Threads
You could always dye the bag black, but by doing that you would lose the Honda logo.