Honda HRR216K11VKAA Trasnmission Fluid

A-MAC

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower stopped pulling as it should.

Sometimes it will pull fine and the next minute it won’t hardly pull at all. After a little investigation it appears the belt needs to be replaced, with the self propelled paddle pushed all the way down I can easily pull the belt around the pullies.

In the process of getting the belt off I mistakenly loosened the four bolts on the bottom of the transmission and fluid began leaking out.

What type of fluid goes in the transmission. It looks like thin motor oil. And how much?

Thanks in advance.

ETA- I believe I found the answer. 2.2oz of 10w-30 engine oil.
K5-K7 - 5.5oz
K8-K11 - 2.2oz

Last edited:

Born2Mow

Threads
What does your manual say ?

A-MAC

Forum Newbie
Threads
The manual doesn’t mention the transmission as fas as maintenance or specs go. I assume because it’s a walk behind, not a riding mower.

Briantii

Threads
It's 10w-30, but I have always replaced mine with ATF because frankly I've chipped teeth on the factory fill and I figure that ATF is probably a better gear oil. Zero chipped teeth with ATF and I have more time using ATF than factory lube. I don't think it's at all critical. "Brown and slippery" or "Red and slippery" seem to be a fine standard. I fill it up to about 1 cm or so below the top - again... I really don't think it's critical.