Honda HRR216K10VKAA (Serial# MZCG - 1431747) drive belt replacement procedure

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Honda HRR216K10VKAA (Serial# MZCG - 1431747) drive belt replacement procedure
If it works for you, I’d just keep doing it that way.

shrefflerd

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Honda HRR216K10VKAA (Serial# MZCG - 1431747) drive belt replacement procedure
I appreciate all of your thoughts. Here's one more to add to the list.
Here is the way I finally got that silly belt on. By releasing the drive cable and tension spring from the transmission I was able to turn the pulley around where I could see what what I was trying to do. Tip: Take the drive cable loose first. This allows the spring to release very easily. Now, this is the part that you might not want to do. Since I now have the pulley facing me, I simply took a pair of vice grips and bent the guard slightly to allow me to get the belt started. Then I used a rubber mallet and tapped the guard back to ABOUT where it was. Rotate the pulley back around to it's normal position, reattach the tension spring, then the drive cable. Done!
Now, the comments I read in this forum actually stimulated thought for me to get this done. Thank you!!

mowens61

Forum Newbie
Threads
After 2 hours of videos and searching this model is a hybrid of other honda lawn mowers. There are no bolts holding the belt guard in the rear. I saw user, Rivets, thoughts on another post, saw another video and it was similar to shrefferd's post. Note, I removed the blades and blade holder as well. Getting the drive cable off took some muscle as well as to put it back. Once the drive cable was released the whole assembly moved towards me. I used vice grips to hold the spanner, and 14mm wrench to remove the bolt on the pulley. Belt installed and pulley reassembled. Put the belt on the blade pulley and drive cable in place and all is good. Didn't have to remove any springs. This replacement is terribly hard and without the proper instructions made it worse. I pulled the manual offline and no where did i find how to replace belt. Lots of F-bombs for this repair and I'm taking a break until tomorrow to reassemble. This site proved to be most helpful.