Honda HRB-215 3HXA

Joseywales

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All,

Okay I have a Honda Lawnmower HRB 215 Engine (MZBA-6334148) and the other day oil started coming out from the upper part of the cylinder, underneath the flywheel . After reading several articles from the forum I replaced the Oil Seal # 91202-ZE6-013 and the Gasket around the breather chamber. Started the mower and as soon as the oil became hot (+-4min) oil started to come out again around the flywheel upper part of the cylinder (same place as before). Replaced:confused2: the oil seal again, thinking I had pinched the first one. Same thing happened again after the engine became warm? So I checked the bolts on the cylinder and they are all tight. The oil seams to be coming from the upper oil seal that I have replaced twice, so now I am at a loss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

redmondjp

Threads
Did you check the upper crankshaft bearing for any side-to-side play while you were replacing the seal? If that is OK, I'd look at the crankcase breather system to see if it is blocked (you don't have the crankcase overfilled, I'm assuming).

Joseywales

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply No play in the crankshaft bearing that I can tell. However I never checked the crankshaft breather dont know where that is located but will pull up the engine diagram and give a look, changed oil prior to the problems will look and see if by acccident overfilled but dont think so.....however stranger things have happened