Honda HRA214sx recoil (quick issue)

Engine_Girl

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just replaced the spring on my mower. I put it all back together, and now the plastic dog doesn't come out when the rope is pulled to grab the flywheel cup. I didn't overtighten the bolt, and upon looking at a parts schematic, no pieces are missing. What the beep? It seems that the spring which sits against the dog (ratchet arm) would hold it closed, but I never saw it in action before the coil broke, so I can only go on how it looked when I opened it up initially. I can hear my lawn growing, and its my only mower in near operation right now. PLease Help! Oh, and I also just grased it thouroughly with ATF. If I tighten down the bolt it would cause the dog to always be in the outward "catch" position, and if I lossen it, then it slides back in, and doesn't come out again, leaving me with nothing but a recoil that rolls back and forth. I hope I posted this in the right forum this time, last it was in new members!
Thanks!! I attached a blowup of what the parts are.
Hey I'm also now wondering, did I put the coil in backwards? what is the rotation when standing behind the mower(rear wheels)?

Attachments

• Honda recoil.png
    Honda recoil.png
    250.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Trcustoms719

Threads
For as cheap as they are I would have bought a complet new recoil ( but that's just me).
If it's all put back together rite then i don't see why it wouldn't work..