Honda Harmony 2013 Tractor Adjustment

stagewex

Threads
Lots of snowblowing this morning after our not so "historical" (as the media sold it) blizzard last evening here in the Northeast. Still, about a foot of snow and higher with the drifts.
I had done my driveway and 2 other neighbors when I saw another struggling to free their car. I guess after too much back and forth... forward and reverse for about 3 hours I kinda lost "reverse". I'm not sure if it was because the bottom of the tractor and it's innards are frozen or if I just need to adjust the belt. I do not have a manual with this tractor. All four (4) forward speeds are working fine and the snowblower belt is fine as well and blowing excellent.
Just a tough time finding reverse. Anyone familiar have any advise of adjustment meant of either clutch or drive belt?

Thanks,

Mike Wex

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lots of snowblowing this morning after our not so "historical" (as the media sold it) blizzard last evening here in the Northeast. Still, about a foot of snow and higher with the drifts.
I had done my driveway and 2 other neighbors when I saw another struggling to free their car. I guess after too much back and forth... forward and reverse for about 3 hours I kinda lost "reverse". I'm not sure if it was because the bottom of the tractor and it's innards are frozen or if I just need to adjust the belt. I do not have a manual with this tractor. All four (4) forward speeds are working fine and the snowblower belt is fine as well and blowing excellent.
Just a tough time finding reverse. Anyone familiar have any advise of adjustment meant of either clutch or drive belt?

Thanks,

Mike Wex

FYI, the drive belt turns off a pulley on the crankshaft (pink) directly back to an input pulley (yellow) on the top of the transmission. The clutch is actually a roller/tensioner arm (purple) that just tightens the belt so power is applied to the transmission's input pulley. So, if it works okay in a forward gear, the belt and clutch are probably okay.
h2013drivebelt_zpsf3f68f10.jpg

If you can't get it to run in REVERSE, sounds like either the shift lever is not fully engaging REVERSE, there is some slop/damage to the external linkage or lever on the outside of the transmission, OR, some internal fault/issue inside the transmission. There is a single rod from the gear select lever directly back to the transmission case. I'd inspect all that linkage first (green areas), and ensure there's no slop/damage or excessive wear.
h2013shiftlinkage_zpsea816976.jpg

stagewex

Threads
Turns out that after a few hours sitting in the garage and a little melting I looked under the tractor and there was a chunk of ice built-up by the linkage. I chipped it away and now I have reverse back again. When we get more decent weather I'll go and make sure everything in that area is still tight.
As always thank you for your expertise with these machines.