Honda H2013 drive belt...

DemBoyd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Earlier this week, my honda harmony 2013's drive belt completely broke. I bought a replacement, received it today, and attempted to install, with no luck. Since the belt was completely "shredded", I had no basis on which to go by to reinstall. So... I am hoping that someone in there has the knowledge and prior experience with doing this to this particular mower. Full detailed instructions, a diagram, anything. Thanks!

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Earlier this week, my honda harmony 2013's drive belt completely broke. I bought a replacement, received it today, and attempted to install, with no luck. Since the belt was completely "shredded", I had no basis on which to go by to reinstall. So... I am hoping that someone in there has the knowledge and prior experience with doing this to this particular mower. Full detailed instructions, a diagram, anything. Thanks!

Hydrostatic or 5-speed transmission?

The hydrostatic is under constant tension between the engine crankshaft pulley to the input pulley on the transmission. The is is one spring-loaded tension roller to hold the belt snug as it wears. Before installing a new belt, you must disconnect the tension roller from the spring that is hooked to the rear frame near the transmission release lever (use a stout spring puller tool if possible).

The 5-speed is similar, but the tension roller is connected to the clutch pedal. Lock the pedal down with the parking brake to release the tension roller and thread the belt.

For both, I recall you may need an impact driver to remove the pulley from the crankshaft to allow for the belt to be installed and guided up around the belt guides...

DemBoyd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hydrostatic or 5-speed transmission?

The hydrostatic is under constant tension between the engine crankshaft pulley to the input pulley on the transmission. The is is one spring-loaded tension roller to hold the belt snug as it wears. Before installing a new belt, you must disconnect the tension roller from the spring that is hooked to the rear frame near the transmission release lever (use a stout spring puller tool if possible).

The 5-speed is similar, but the tension roller is connected to the clutch pedal. Lock the pedal down with the parking brake to release the tension roller and thread the belt.

For both, I recall you may need an impact driver to remove the pulley from the crankshaft to allow for the belt to be installed and guided up around the belt guides...

Thanks for that, Robert. And it is 5spd. Now would you happen to have the routing handy, as well?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for that, Robert. And it is 5spd. Now would you happen to have the routing handy, as well?

You might already know the mower deck has to come off first.

As I recall, you must remove the pulley from the crankshaft. Since the engine wants to spin when you do this, an impact works nicely. Otherwise, you'd have to tear the top off the engine to get a strap wrench around the flywheel. :mad:

Here's the full procedure from the shop manual. If you don't have it already, the drive belt is Honda Part Number 22431-771-003, list is $44.88. Google the part number to find a Honda Dealer selling it online, or use this link to find a Honda Dealer in your area:
Find A Honda Dealer

h2013drivebeltRampR_Page_1_zpsf8f7055f.jpg

h2013drivebeltRampR_Page_2_zps3763704d.jpg

If you expect to do more service work on this old tractor, a paper shop manual is priceless; Honda sells them direct (free shipping) on eBay and Amazon:

Honda Shop Manuals on eBay
Honda Shop Manuals on Amazon