Honda GX 25 Tiller Starting Issue

ChrisWerle

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a fairly new Honda GX 25 tiller. The wife was using it the other day and it was running fine. She ran out of gas and refilled the tank. Now it won't start. Gas is fine. No issue with spark. Haven't been able to check compression yet but I will do that later. If compression checks out, I assume it must be a carburetor issue. Any suggestions on how to test the carb?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you prime carburetor with bulb on carburetor, forget everything after gas is fine on your post, air in fuel system.

ChrisWerle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you prime carburetor with bulb on carburetor, forget everything after gas is fine on your post, air in fuel system.
Just tried to purge air several times and it still will not start regardless of choke position. Is there another way to purge air other than using the bulb?

ChrisWerle

Forum Newbie
Threads
My apologies here. I could swear I saw spark yesterday, but I just tested again in a darker room and now I don't see it. Just tested the coil with an ohm meter. With leads on the kill tab and body of coil it reads 0.8 ohms. With leads on the spark plug wire and body of coil it reads 5.65k ohms. Are those good readings? Spark plug also tests good. Is there a way to test the kill switch?

Last edited:

ChrisWerle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Finally received my new compression gauge and it only read 25-30 psi with throttle closed or open. Fortunately, the tiller is still under factory warranty.

ChrisWerle

Forum Newbie
Threads
return it.
Taking it to Honda certified repair shop tomorrow. I assume they will confirm what I found. Not sure if they will suggest repair or replacement under the warranty.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd look close at the warranty papers first..

nutboltz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had one of these tillers and the lifters got out of adjustment constantly!

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd also like to hear what Honda does considering the warranty .