Engine Honda Exhaust Valve

Gsnod

Threads
Here's the picture of a Honda HRT2162TDA I just received today. Do ya think the exhaust value has been out of adjustment, based upon this wear?

Any change to fix this without replacing the whole engine? Could this area be sleeved?

Attachments

• image-998806583.jpg
    image-998806583.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 42

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here's the picture of a Honda HRT2162TDA I just received today. Do ya think the exhaust value has been out of adjustment, based upon this wear?

Any change to fix this without replacing the whole engine? Could this area be sleeved?

What did the outer valve cover look like? Was this due to a collision / driving into an obstacle?

Gsnod

Threads
Robert -- I did see a small indentation in the valve cover, yet it was really a small indentation. Don't know if that was the issue or not. The owner sid that the mower just stopped running last week for no apparent reason.

Mystik2stroke

Threads
hi-

I have a hrb216tda with the OHC 160 which is similar type. Looks like the valve clearence was too much causing a battering of the rocker arm which cracked the rocker pedestal, or maybe the valve stem was sticking badly causing the pedestal to crack.

Either way its time for a new motor as that (rocker pedestal) is intergral to the upper motor half case with cylinder. Maybe a shop could weld it up but not sure how they could machine it right afterwards.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
IMO a weld fill could be done. The assy must be degreased and a dye penetrant check made first to see how far cracks have spread. May sound difficult, but not for the right shop. Then a very careful set up by a good machine shop for the boring. I would start with a good motorcycle shop, probably race oriented, and/or go cart shop. The trade off is not known here, but I bet Honda parts are expensive. :2cents: