Honda engine identification

blacksmithden

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm SO glad to have found this place ! :) I'm a 45 year old heavy equipment tech/millwright who's been messing with engines my entire life. I'm the guy friends and family bring their stuff to when it won't run. Growing up, ALL of my friends and family fixed their own stuff. As time marches on, I'm finding that I have fewer and fewer people to just have a bull session with, concerning engines and repair. They've stopped teaching anything about carbs in all the automotive colleges now, and I seem to be feeling more and more alone in the world. LOL !

Anyway....... I've got an issue with a motor I bought a while ago from a buy and sell ad.

It's a Honda GX200 - QH26 - s/n GCAE-1041313......I need the throttle and governor return springs for this thing. For the life of me, I can't find a parts breakdown with all the information matching. GX200 - QH26 but serial number prefix won't match. Find the correct serial number prefix, and the model doesn't match. Am I missing something here ? There's hundreds of different flavors of GX200 out there, and I've found a few different springs online listed for the same application, but the springs are different. Any help with finding a parts breakdown for this specific engine would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys.

Looking forward to helping out where I can now that I've found the place !

Here's a pic of the serial number.

20140928_110331_zpslmo1psyb.jpg

blacksmithden

Forum Newbie
Threads

dewguy1999

Threads
THANK YOU DEWGUY !!! YOU ROCK !!!!!

You're welcome. I know very little about small engines, but I have a knack for finding things on the internet. I don't know if it will make any difference in getting the parts you need, but that site is a European Honda site that I found while trying to help a guy in the UK on another forum. Because of it showing up there I'm thinking that you may have yourself a European version of the GX200 engine. Good luck.