Honda Carb Intake Gasket

Trog182

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a Honda GX340 on a generator. I purchased an aftermarket carb to replace the original. Carburetor appears to have different vent grooves in the face of the carb that attaches to the head. How do i know which gasket to use?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
If you can, post the engine identification (all the numbers and letters) and a link to the carburetor your purchased.
1636666912147.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The really complicated gasket with a flat on the bottom goes to the air filter side so none of the side holes are blocked
The one with the round hole goes to the manifold & the one with a D shaped hole goes between the plastic manifold & head
Between the carb & the airbox is usually a very thick spacer which has the complicated gasket between it and the carb & generally no gasket between it and the airbox as it is rubber coated with inbuilt sealing lips.
Some junk aftermarket carbs come with a plain spacer and 2 complex gaskets in which case the whole lot can go in the bin because that particular set up seems to always have a defective carburettor in the box .Some also will have more than 1 D shaped gaskets there are restrictors to make the responce to the governor better or to just reduce the air flow so reduce the rated Hp of the engine .
All it needs to do is have a hole such that the bowl vent can be connected to the channel cut into the manifold .