Honda 2113 Harmony

mottlecar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hullo all, This is my first post. Last month I acquired a Honda Harmony 2113 Ride On. We are on 7 acres with about 1 acre of mowable scrubby grass (not lawn). I have always used a push mower and now, I can get the job done in double quick time. However, the Honda doesn't seem to cut as well as I would like. I have it set to the highest level and even in long grass, the cut seems to be average to say the least. I don't expect it to be bowling green smooth but if it could approach the quality of a push mower job, that would be nice. Living in Australia, our grass is very tough and tropical so am I expecting too much?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Chris Evans

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Amazon.com: Honda H2013 H2113 Lawn Tractor Mower Service Repair Shop Manual: Patio, Lawn & Garden

I want to encourage you to purchase this manual if you intend to maintain your 2113. It should cover everything pertaining to your tractor. In the meantime, I would remove deck and clean top to bottom, especially underside. Do not use water, use a leaf blower or nozzle if you have an air compressor to clean topside, and a scraper on underside. Remove and clean blades, a wire brush will do, replace blades if cracked, bent, or broken. Sharpen blades with a file, and last balance blades before reinstalling. With deck removed you can inspect underside of tractor and lube as necessary. Check deck spindles, bearings, belts, pulley's and hardware, tighten if necessary. Use grease gun to lube spindles and all grease fittings on tractor. Use an oil squirt gun to lube all moving parts on tractor making sure not to get oil on belts. On concrete scotch front wheels, jack up transmission by placing a solid wooden 2x4 between top of jack and aluminum transmission, use jack stands after pulling rear wheels and position under axle. Clean axle using scotch brite pad then clean shop towel. Apply anti seize compound to axle with small inexpensive paint brush, this will ensure wheels will not seize to axles due to heat buildup and friction. Safety first, always.

Please note: If a solid wood 2x4 is not placed between top of jack and aluminum transmission, or any other component that is not solid steel, jack will bend, break, or destroy component.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

We moved your thread to the Honda forum.