Honda 160cc on rusted troy built deck, moved motor to Toro Personal pace now the blade is below bottom of deck is there an adapter?

John Q

Threads
  • / Honda 160cc on rusted troy built deck, moved motor to Toro Personal pace now the blade is below bottom of deck is there an adapter?
Still kind of new to this lawn mower repair, but having fun.

I have a few mowers I'm trying to sort out.

My situation is I have a good older honda mower and a good Toro Personal Pace deck. I put the Honda motor on the Toro Personal Pace deck and the blade is about an inch below the bottom of the deck. Is this just a non fitting match-up or is their a simple solution?

Thank you

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Honda 160cc on rusted troy built deck, moved motor to Toro Personal pace now the blade is below bottom of deck is there an adapter?
Sounds like the Toro has what we refer to as a short shaft and the Honda has the long shaft or what would be a normal full length shaft.

John Q

Threads
I see. Tommorow, I'll measure length of of the shafts on the Honda and the Briggs & Stratton on another Personal Pace. Seems like common sense... Thanks for pointing out the difference.

JBtoro

Threads
I see. Tommorow, I'll measure length of of the shafts on the Honda and the Briggs & Stratton on another Personal Pace. Seems like common sense... Thanks for pointing out the difference.
I took a Honda GCV160 off a rusted Husqvarna and put it on a good Toro Personal Pace deck. Everything lined up perfectly, bolt holes & cables, etc., and the cut height is good for my lawn. I used the Toro blade and adapter as both engine shafts are 25MM. Maybe your engine is not a GCV160?