Holy #### it's hot

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm 40 miles north of houston, Humidity is awful, when you sweat, there is NO evaporation, and when you try to focus on something it's hard with sweat in your eyes and dropping off your nose.

Kind of makes you wonder why bandanas went out of style.

Mower King

Threads
I'm 40 miles north of houston, Humidity is awful, when you sweat, there is NO evaporation, and when you try to focus on something it's hard with sweat in your eyes and dropping off your nose.
I almost feel sorry for you guys......our shop has central A/C

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My little 24x24 building has no AC but a blower from an old furnace and a Hazard Fraught fan makes things tolerable. What gets me is the humidity.

bogdaN

Threads
Ok,i,am here i Florida and like they say you go outside and take 2 minutes to start to sweat.Dan

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
At this shop, my bay doors face south. The office and waiting room are in the middle. And the tire shop is on the west side of the building, with their 3 bay doors face west.The original roof, over my side is now covered with a metal roof. The tire shop only has the metal roof with no insulation.
During the day and especially the afternoon, it's 15 to 20 degree's hotter on the tire shop side.

My ultrasonic cleaner water temp, when its on during the day, reads about 86.Plus I have a big shop fan. So it's not too bad. But stepping out into the sun, makes me feel like a vampire.

After 3pm, it's incredible.

gainestruk

Threads
In 2013 I had a heat stroke at work while driving a cement mixer, to this day I can't be in heat more than about an hour, the doctor told me then I was in danger of another heat stroke and would be for rest of my life, he sure was right, I start getting dizzy and sick to my stomach if I'm out more than an hour or 2 if temp is over 90.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
In 2013 I had a heat stroke at work while driving a cement mixer, to this day I can't be in heat more than about an hour, the doctor told me then I was in danger of another heat stroke and would be for rest of my life, he sure was right, I start getting dizzy and sick to my stomach if I'm out more than an hour or 2 if temp is over 90.
I feel ya brother!

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
At this shop, my bay doors face south. The office and waiting room are in the middle. And the tire shop is on the west side of the building, with their 3 bay doors face west.The original roof, over my side is now covered with a metal roof. The tire shop only has the metal roof with no insulation.
During the day and especially the afternoon, it's 15 to 20 degree's hotter on the tire shop side.

My ultrasonic cleaner water temp, when its on during the day, reads about 86.Plus I have a big shop fan. So it's not too bad. But stepping out into the sun, makes me feel like a vampire.

After 3pm, it's incredible.
My sister used to live in Phoenix with her first exhusband who worked for the cable TV company as a pole climber. He said working in the sun on a pole was like being the marshmallow on the end of a stick in a campfire. A car in Phoenix is just a mobile Kenner Easy Bake oven. But it's a dry heat. Yeah.