Hitch for Scag

SKT_33

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

I have a Scag Tiger Cat 2 that I purchased last year. I used to have a John Deere ride on D170 that had a hitch so I could attach an aerator, spreader, dethatcher, sweeper, dump bucket or any other attachment. I was wondering if any of you have anything similar on your scag and if you could pos some pictures. Also do you guys use counter weights in the front? I would essentially be using it more for the aerator, dethatcher and spread as I have about 2.5 acres. Just wanted to get your thoughts on this?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just order a bolt-on hitch or fabricate one. You shouldn't need front weights for those implements. I had an Exmark and now a Bob-Cat zero turn, not Scag, but same deal with them. Just stay within the weight recommendations so you don't overheat the transmission. Mostly a concern with the aerator depending on how much weight you have on it. Dump bucket, I don't know about that but the others should be fine.

SKT_33

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just order a bolt-on hitch or fabricate one. You shouldn't need front weights for those implements. I had an Exmark and now a Bob-Cat zero turn, not Scag, but same deal with them. Just stay within the weight recommendations so you don't overheat the transmission. Mostly a concern with the aerator depending on how much weight you have on it. Dump bucket, I don't know about that but the others should be fine.

Thanks for the reply.