Hints to replace alternator/fan/PTO belt ???

Jinzo Ningen

Threads
My alt/fan/PTO belt shredded (I think it was the original) this past weekend. I got a new one from my dealer ($10) but would appreciate some advice on the best way to get the PTO apart to install the belt. Don't want to do more work than needed nor damage anything in the process.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Jinzo Ningen

Threads
My alt/fan/PTO belt shredded (I think it was the original) this past weekend. I got a new one from my dealer ($10) but would appreciate some advice on the best way to get the PTO apart to install the belt. Don't want to do more work than needed nor damage anything in the process.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Forget belt changing advice! After scratching my head for an hour or so, I figured I how to install the replacement belt; I just had to unbolt & remove the PTO coupling connector and then slid the new belt up and around the 3 pullies. What a PAIN to bolt the CC back together!!!! Whew!

Anyhow... once everything was back together I cranked it over. Well, now I know WHY the original belt burned up: The alternator is trashed. The new belt spins AROUND it but it will NOT spin or move AT ALL. Time to call the dealer and get a new one. At least it will be MUCH easier to swap that out than that dang belt! :laughing:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
May I ask that you post the units and engines manes and also include model and serial numbers for both.