high lift blades

crashingace

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello, all I have a Raptor 42 and have really enjoyed it. I purchased the bagger kit with the mower right away and was surprised by the amount of grass I would collect. over the last two years, I have seen a decrease in the performance of the mower both in the cut it provides and the amount of grass it catches in the bagger. now I have sharpened my blades typically 3 times a season. Maybe I have a bad angle of cut on the blades if that makes a difference? how do you make sure you have the right angle when sharpening them? Has anyone tried putting 2 high-lift blades on to get more airflow into the bagger? Maybe this will create too much turbulence in the deck and will fight each other? like I said I have really enjoyed the mower but this season the cut has just not been there and want to get it back to what I know it can do. any advice and help is appreciated. thanks

breagler

Threads
I'd check the obvious items such as build up under the deck, this can be the number 1 cause in reduced discharge performance, blade angle should be around 30 deg which is recommended, are the blades worn to point that they have lost a bit of length or height to the sail. Make sure you run at full throttle when the deck is engaged. These points are usually the first things to check when I see reduced discharge or cut. Let us know what you find out.

Stay safe!!