Hi from Ohio

mmanter

Threads
Hey guys,

I joined this site to get my mower fixed but never formally introduced myself. My name is Matt & recently I bought my first house. Back in December of last year I picked up a couple Craftsman self propelled mowers for $40 for the pair. One has an Eager-1 6.75hp Tecumseh Vector engine with rear bagger that wouldn't stay running & needed new front drive wheels.

The other has an Eager-1 6.5hp Tecumseh engine with side discharge that started up first pull when they showed it to me but needed tuned up & self propelled handle. Originally I planned on keeping the 6.75 HP & cleaning up the 6.5 HP mower but couldn't get it to run. I pulled the air filter on the 6.5 & it was original, as was the spark plug & filthy oil but that thing fired up first pull. I also replaced the rigged on side discharge chute with the original style so it can mulch. Since I could never get the 6.75 HP mower running I was using the 6.5 HP mower until it started leaking oil like crazy everywhere. It's now sitting in my garage on a piece of cardboard to keep the oil off my garage floor. Since I couldn't seem to fix it nor want to I picked up another mower.

This one is an older Craftsman 20" mulcher with a 4hp Eager-1 Tecumseh that ran pretty good & cut like a dream & only cost me $30. I only had two $20 bills so he threw in a Black & Decker edger. It's gray but has quite a bit of rust to the deck. While cutting it died after I got the front cut. Repaired the carb which decided to leak gas & flood out. Got a cheap fuel shut off & fixed that problem. It's seen better days but I like it so I'm gonna keep it & fix it properly

I also picked up another Craftsman. This one is a 21" mulcher with a 6.75 Eager-1 Tecumseh, rear bagger with the gold deck. It looks in pretty good shape & was only $35. The person I bought it off of said it has a broken flywheel key. Haven't looked at it much but it definitely is not working. I hope to dive in to it & get it running. Originally I was gonna get it running & put this engine on the rear drive self propelled frame but now not too sure.

Since I like to tinker I'm now on my way after work up look at 3 more mowers. One is a Craftsman self propelled 6.5 HP engine that the owner doesn't know what's wrong, another is a Bolens with a briggs & stratton engine that might have a bad engine but good deck, and another mower that has a cracked deck & a briggs & stratton engine. All three are at the same seller's so I'm gonna see if he will bundle them for cheap.

I like to tinker & if I can do that & make a little cash then that's good to me! Boy, am I glad to have found this site.

sgmgarden

Threads
Hello from Scotland :biggrin: Welcome to the forum!

okiepc

Threads
:welcome: to the forum, I wish we had used mowers around here, I think people use them till they fall apart. :laughing: If you like tinkering you can sure make some extra $:thumbsup:

mmanter

Threads
:welcome: to the forum, I wish we had used mowers around here, I think people use them till they fall apart. :laughing: If you like tinkering you can sure make some extra $:thumbsup:

Thanks :) Yeah, people around me just wanna get the new stuff if they don't run. Fine by me since they should be easy fixes for the two I picked up yesterday. Time to dig out the Turtle wax tools lol :laughing: