Help with repowering Snapper trim mower

2017-d

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Snapper fans,

So glad I found this site!

I have a Snapper trim mower I'd like to repower and I'm having difficulty finding a replacement engine. The mower I have pictured is in fantastic running condition and I use it weekly to trim with. I have another just like it with a blown engine (I bought it that way over the summer) that I want to get running too. The serial number is 03003770 and the model is 19300. The engine number is 92508 102801 79102326. Small engine warehouse has two motors that I like with the same weird pull up starting mechanism. Would either of those two engines work? I tried to measure the shaft length and it isn't any where near 3-5/32" so I'm assuming it's the shorter shaft size of 2-7/16".

Sorry for my ignorance, it's just hard to comprehend a lot of these small details. Thanks is advance!

Sid :cool:

Attachments

• 131.jpg
    131.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 33
  • engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 27
  • engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 16

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Snapper fans,

So glad I found this site!

I have a Snapper trim mower I'd like to repower and I'm having difficulty finding a replacement engine. The mower I have pictured is in fantastic running condition and I use it weekly to trim with. I have another just like it with a blown engine (I bought it that way over the summer) that I want to get running too. The serial number is 03003770 and the model is 19300. The engine number is 92508 102801 79102326. Small engine warehouse has two motors that I like with the same weird pull up starting mechanism. Would either of those two engines work? I tried to measure the shaft length and it isn't any where near 3-5/32" so I'm assuming it's the shorter shaft size of 2-7/16".

Sorry for my ignorance, it's just hard to comprehend a lot of these small details. Thanks is advance!

Sid :cool:

As long as the mounting pattern is the same looks like similar engines I think you could get it to work worst case is you need a new pulley but.I've never worked on these type engines

Snapperfreak

Threads
I agree, I think it just needs the adapter for the blade and as long as it's able to mount to your deck it should be good. Can't see the bottom of the two engines from the pics to see how they mount up. But that white one would look GOOD on your deck. So u have two snapper 19s?

Snapperfreak

Threads
Of course u have two 19s, why did I ask that. A very good idea to re-power that one u rescued.

2017-d

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

Thanks for the quick responses so far! Are the 19"s rare? I haven't seen many in this area. Here's the other pictures of the engine on their site. The bolt pattern looks identical. :thumbsup:

Sid

Attachments

• w4.jpg
    w4.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 4
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 5
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 7
  • w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 11

Snapperfreak

Threads
Yes, maybe not the rarest but pretty rare. At least here in northern CA. I just went on that site and yes it looks like it will mount right up to your deck. Maybe check eBay for the blade adapter.

Snapperfreak

Threads
I'm sorry I keep re-stating the obvious. Haha. Yes u got the right idea there with that engine. I didn't even know that vertical recoil engine was still being made. I'll probably pick one of those up sometime in the future...in classic white of course.

2017-d

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm not that familiar with the vertical recoil but I'm assuming it was probably a 70s creation. It's unbelievable how much torque this engine has. I use non ethanol fuel and synthetic oil so I'd like to think that keeps in running nicely. I'm going to remove the blade and blade adapter tomorrow and see what I've got to work with. Maybe the adapter can be reused.

Attachments

• snapper1.jpg
    snapper1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 13
  • snapper3.jpg
    snapper3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 15

Snapperfreak

Threads
Yep I like those old verticals. I think snapper stopped using those when they had to add the safety handle in 1983. U couldn't really squeeze that handle and pull straight up on the recoil. I have one mower with that engine, it's a 1982 21350PS. Good mower. So I got a good pair of 19s there and obviously u take care of them. Very nice.

Here's mine with the old 3.5hp

image-797844165.jpg

Mow Joe

Threads
The shaft length for those 19" mowers is 1 13/16".