help with model number

cruizertoo

Threads
hi guys, i have a yardman by mtd, i bought used, someone pulled the model number sticker off from under the seat, the tractor decals say " yardman by mtd, auto drive, 22hp 50" cut, garden tractor" the engine is a b&s model 407777 type 0128 E1 code 000818 YH. It is yellow and green color.. would like a model number and maybe the year ? the year of the engine and right now I need a drive belt any info will be helpful. thanks

Tinker Ty

Threads
Well based on your engine code, it's a 2000. MTD is kinda difficult to piece a model number for. Here's a phone number of some experts that might be able to get you there 1-636-282-2300. These guys used to be a MTD distributor. I use them as a vendor for lots of parts. Maybe they can help. Good luck.

seattlepioneer

Threads
hi guys, i have a yardman by mtd, i bought used, someone pulled the model number sticker off from under the seat, the tractor decals say " yardman by mtd, auto drive, 22hp 50" cut, garden tractor" the engine is a b&s model 407777 type 0128 E1 code 000818 YH. It is yellow and green color.. would like a model number and maybe the year ? the year of the engine and right now I need a drive belt any info will be helpful. thanks

I have an MTD mower dating from 1990 and the model number on the sticker has been obliterated fortunately I have a spare junk mower that still has the model number legible.

But that seems to be a weakness of MTD.

Just guessing, but if you take the old belt into an auto parts shop, they can measure it and give you a similar size for replacement.

Perhaps our Xperts can tell us if that's a good strategy, or perhaps there's something about mower belts that recommends having a mower shop sell you a replacement.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Appears to be model 14AZ804P401 with engine to variable belt pn 954-0467A and variable to transaxle belt pn 954-0468. Don't sub auto parts store belt as they will not work. MTD uses their own belt profile.

seattlepioneer

Threads
Don't sub auto parts store belt as they will not work. MTD uses their own belt profile.

I thought that might be the case. Thank you for the correction.

If he wasn't able to find the needed part number, would your local mower repair shop be able to measure it, identify it and get the correct replacement?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
If there is still the old belt, you may be able to read the part number off of it.

cruizertoo

Threads

If he wasn't able to find the needed part number, would your local mower repair shop be able to measure it, identify it and get the correct

If he wasn't able to find the needed part number, would your local mower repair shop be able to measure it, identify it and get the correct replacement?
thanls for all the replys, i think the model #s suggested will work for the belt i need
replacement?

cruizertoo

Threads
Thanks for all the replys, you guys are good and fast

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads

Well that depends on the shop. Most don't even have a v-belt measuring tool. Here at my shop I do. It was a necessary item as my aftermarket belts kept giving so many problems until I found out that most were an inch or more shorter then the labeled specs. My current tool that measures up to 170 inches with two extensions cost nearly $200 and I need to add another extension to go to 200 inches as I started running into 180 inch belts.

In my area even many of the auto parts stores don't have one that goes over 110 inches.