Help with a CV15s part.

BrianSki

Threads
Working on my sons Kohler engine. I got it all put back together but there is a hole in the cover and a part missing. I am guessing it might be the spark advance module and it could have had a coil replaced with the combo unit??? It looks like a great place for mice to get in. So just looking what might have gone there... All the net pictures I found do not seem to show that area.

Kohler CV15s.jpg

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Can’t quite make out the spec number. Is it 41567? That is exactly where the Spark Advance Module would have been mounted but CV15 was fixed timed ignition and didn’t use a SAM.

Last edited:

BrianSki

Threads
Can’t quite make out the spec number. Is it 41567? That is exactly where the Spark Advance Module would have been mounted but CV15 was fixed timed ignition and didn’t use a SAM.
Sorry for late reply... I thought forum would send emails when I get a reply.

I don't have the spec # right here with me. But the block and that # is a CV15. The cover with the hole in it is from a CV16. The CV15 had some parts missing and used some from the CV16 to complete it. Thx

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Sorry for late reply... I thought forum would send emails when I get a reply.

I don't have the spec # right here with me. But the block and that # is a CV15. The cover with the hole in it is from a CV16. The CV15 had some parts missing and used some from the CV16 to complete it. Thx
I wondered if it might have had a CV16 blower housing on it. If that’s the case there is nothing missing and no need for the spec #. I would definitely cover that hole though. No sense in losing air that could be better used to cool the engine.

BrianSki

Threads
I wondered if it might have had a CV16 blower housing on it. If that’s the case there is nothing missing and no need for the spec #. I would definitely cover that hole though. No sense in losing air that could be better used to cool the engine.
Not as much that as I noticed the mice liked that hole. Thanks

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Not as much that as I noticed the mice liked that hole. Thanks
I'm sure the mice like the easy access but even with that hole covered they will just come in another way. It's their job.

Lawnman23

Forum Newbie
Threads
My CV16S has had a cover over that from the factory. You can see the screw hole on your cover.

Attachments

• IMG_4226.jpeg
    IMG_4226.jpeg
    651.9 KB · Views: 7