Help wanted!

Slowmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ve recently purchased the liner 18S Li. It’s cutting great and leaving a great finish, putting my yard leagues above my neighbours. I’m having problems keeping the grass at the same length. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the grass to actually stop growing? I’ve got my yard looking how I want it to so I don’t want it to grow anymore. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It takes a growth regulator. The problem is mix grasses. Each grass would need a different rate. Here since I only prefer tall fescue I use gly-4 at half strength. That take most of the annual grasses especially the sage grass. Even then it only slows it and only lasts 3 months but that is enough to reduce most of the sage grass and crabgrass to near nil the following year.

Even then it must be applied by tow behind spray at a per acre rate with very little overlap.

But normally grass will grow that why we mow our lawns regularly. And you got lawn as large as some of us those push type reel mowers are totally useless. Use battery power equipment is out of the question too when you got 6 acres to mow weekly.

I even heard one guy resolving his grass growing and mowing problem by installing green concrete over his entire lawn in one city. A little drastic in my opinion.

Mower King

Threads
I saw a guy here in Mo, build a 3/4 million $ house and have decorative gravel and mulch put all over the yard because he did not want have to deal with the grass....funny thing is, it's the Dad, of the owner of the MOWER Dealership I work at......I mean, we sell mowers and service them for a living!

Slowmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
My lawn is only from here to the back gate away. So it wouldn’t take a lot, So there is seriously lot like an anti fertiliser or something that will keep it at the same length without mowing it??

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum!
It looks like you're already getting some great answers :)

peteco

Threads
The only option without chemicals is mow it at the lower cutting height, in your case is 20 mm. The grass take more time to growth.