Help.Stuck pulley

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Bert he already got it out. But have seen blade bolt so tight that even a 1300 ft/lb peak impact can't break them free. Sometimes it is just getting pass the static bond is hard.

Nod

Threads
Well it wouldn't be right to not tell the tale of my mistakes. I found my harmonic balance puller and attempted to pull the pulley off after heating and letting it set with kroll setting on it for a day and half. I bent the pulley... Ok, got the torch and started heating the pulley, beat the crap out of it with a big hammer and a oak 4x4 on top of the spindle nut. Nothing moved but the nut is seized on the shaft and I might have gotten it to hot and bent it. I am going to cut the pulley off the shaft with my torch so I can remove the bearing housing. Looking back, I guess I should have done that at the get go. At least I could have pressed the pulley off with an arbor press. Now I need new parts, complete spindle with nut and pulley. Any ideas where to buy this and not get robbed? I am thinking about getting a new mower, bought this used and abused and have put a lot of new parts on it. They are so expensive now! As always, thanks for all the help.

Nod

Threads
I got all the new parts and got it put together Saturday. Thanks for all the help. Running good and mowing like a champ.