Help required sourcing petrol cap

IanL

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all
Reaching out for some help on a minor matter.
I am in the UK and own a McGregor 41cm Petrol lawn mower model XSZ41E.
I am trying to source a replacement petrol cap which will fit the above mower.
To date, despite contacting many online Mower Parts companies I have not had any luck.
Can anyone suggest a parts supplier to try or who anyone know of an alternative cap that will fit (it is the breathable sort). I understand that mowers all have different thread types.
I have purchased via an eBay seller who advised me their universal cap would fit, of course it didn’t.
Help please

kindest Regards
Ian L

CraigH

Threads
Do you have any pics if the petrol cap?
Also, my first port of call for something like that would be your local mower shop, our local one keeps a whole host of spare parts from broken mowers and also a good few mowers they break for parts.
I've found a parts diagrams online (type the mower name and model into Google and should come up with some suggestions, first one being core service website, I've used them for parts for my mum's little qualcast mower a few times), it looks fairly generic so I'd have thought you'd be able to find one easily.
If they don't list the part on there, try calling them maybe if you haven't spoken to them already.
Though, I think for what you want, I'd be going to a local mower repair shop myself, I'm sure they'd be able to find something that'll fit.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First step is finding out what motor is on the mower & where the petrol tank is.
IF the tank is part of the engine then it is an ENGINE part so will be a Honda / B & S / Tecumseh etc part .
IF the fuel tank s remote from the engine then it will be a mower part

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hmmmn, Post was May 12, 2022. Let's hope he found it. :) I sometimes look for -0- reply posts to in case they were missed. The manuals online look like the engine might be a SE475. I came across this site looking for a cap. https://www.allmowerparts.co.uk/fuel-caps-33-c.asp Looks like the mower and engine model was sold in the UK and Australia.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is a Mountfield variant
Mountfild are part of the EU Global Garden Products headquartered in Italy that was formed just after Husqvarna was sold off to counter Husqvarna's buying rampage .
AFAIK the only GGP products sold in OZ are the Stiga branded ride ons which are totally unsuited for most of OZ and seem to get a new distibutor every 2 years and the Mounfield T series ride ons in blue rebadged as Victa for a couple of years after B & S's previous bankruptcy .
WE don't have a trade agreement with the EU so not much EU product get sold here apart rom cars where the EU allowed individual deals between the car companies .

Erin0110

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you looked through Amazon?