Help on hours

dchance

Forum Newbie
Threads
Guy locally has a 4 year old Scag Wildcat with 52" cut and 25hp Kawasaki. He paid $9K then asking $4500. He used it for his own residence.

He says hes never done anything to it except regular maintenance. Selling because he's moving to Florida (from MO) and doesn't want to move it.

It has 1100+ hours on it. I am looking to buy but want a mower that will last a good 10 years. is this high for a commercial mower? I also don't want to start having to put money into it in a couple years either. I was considering a low end commercial Gravely or Big Dog brand new.

Threads
That is a decent amount of hours. Some lawn care businesses get new equipment at around 1000 hours, but others get it at around 1500-2000 hous. It is usually better to buy equipment from a homeowner, not a commercial operator because it will have less abuse.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
$4,500 is what a dealer that took this machine in trade at a lower price would ask. A dealer would have done some servicing and possibly provided a short limited warranty. Condition, condition, condition!!!!
Just my opinion!!
Mad Mackie in CT