help on buying a mower

bboy

Threads
im Bronson thinking about buying a DixieChopper 2734 witch is a Generac Engine im sure its a great engine I hope. it has 27 HP and a 34 inch deck is this a good mower I found a dealer here in NC he would sell it to me for $ 7000 OTD. im sure it's a great mower for the price but I just wanted to see for durability they claim it is the worlds fastest zero turn mower. Any feed back or suggestions would be great thanks. Bronson Bryker.

Parkmower

Threads
Holy cow 7 grand for a 36" mower. That just seems outrageous to me. As for dixie's I don't really care for them. I've only tried one once but was not impressed. And as far as fastest mower, who cares. If you want the lawn to look good your not going to be going as fast as the machine can.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
im Bronson thinking about buying a DixieChopper 2734 witch is a Generac Engine im sure its a great engine I hope. it has 27 HP and a 34 inch deck is this a good mower I found a dealer here in NC he would sell it to me for $ 7000 OTD. im sure it's a great mower for the price but I just wanted to see for durability they claim it is the worlds fastest zero turn mower. Any feed back or suggestions would be great thanks. Bronson Bryker.

They claim it's the worlds fastest lawn mower :laughing: Perhaps you might want to see this if that's a factor in your purchase.
Lawn Mower Races

Dixie Chopper can claim all they want but I believe hustler owns that honor.

txzrider

Threads
who in ther right mind would spend $7k on a 34 inch deck ZT ?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you value the input of those on this forum, you will see that $7000 is a lot more than most of us would pay for a 32" Z-turn. Search this forum for Z-turn advise and you will find much more help and I'm sure that you can find a much better machine for your $$$$. Fastest does not mean the best cut or best value.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
who in ther right mind would spend $7k on a 34 inch deck ZT ?

Who in there right mind? Nobody. There are those that believe in buying a mower with a big brand NAME because they think there getting something special when in reality there's no difference between it and the mower that's half of the price.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
bboy said:

Dixie chopper is good if your going to be very hard on your mower like cutting tall weeds yards with pot holes or roots or just brush cutting.
Now for less than half the price you can go with a toro still a tough mower and I think a better mower for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

bboy

Threads
Carscw said:
Dixie chopper is good if your going to be very hard on your mower like cutting tall weeds yards with pot holes or roots or just brush cutting.
Now for less than half the price you can go with a toro still a tough mower and I think a better mower for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Made up my mind going with a todo mx 42 inch.

bboy

Threads
im sorry for confusing anybody the the mx im going with is a Toro TIMECUTTER 42''

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Let us know what you think of it in a couple of weeks. We like to hear if we were wrong or right.