Help locating parts for Pulsar mower

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now you fully understand why most of us will not touch off brand throw away equipment
You could have made $ 1000 in the time you have been frigging around with this piece of land fill
With the price of scrap metal now days they go into the scrap bin

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Over the last few years I have probably scraped 20 Pulsar mowers. Some that would start on the first pull. Every single one had either bend axles or deck frames

smhardesty

Threads
Now you fully understand why most of us will not touch off brand throw away equipment
You could have made $ 1000 in the time you have been frigging around with this piece of land fill
With the price of scrap metal now days they go into the scrap bin
You've got that right, Bert. The only thing I managed to do was waste time, bust a couple of knuckles, and learn a good lesson. I guess the lesson was worthwhile, at least.

It's still amazing that this has happened to the OPE industry. I hope all those dingbats that thought buying a no name, piece of crap, cheap, Chinese mower are happy. Sure, they saved maybe a hundred bucks up front, but when they have to buy a whole new one every two or three years because there are no parts to repair it, how much did they REALLY save?

On a positive note, I sold my first refurbed mower. I got it for nothing. I put 62 dollars and change into it, and sold it for $145. I'd like to do that about a half dozen times a month. That would keep me busy and make me an extra few bucks each month. As a retiree, $400 to $500 a month would be just fine with me.

Tomorrow I'll finish this little Remington mower and get it photographed and listed for sale and get started on the self-propelled Honda I picked up a week ago. It should end up being a really nice mower for somebody.

smhardesty

Threads
Over the last few years I have probably scraped 20 Pulsar mowers. Some that would start on the first pull. Every single one had either bend axles or deck frames
I'm still shocked by just how flimsy the axle rods and brackets on that Pulsar were. How in the world they thought that cheap metal was good for use on a lawn mower is way beyond me.

Yep, lesson learned, guys. If it ain't got a Briggs, Honda, or Kohler on it, I'm just going to pass. We'll, I might consider a Tecumseh, but I won't pay a dime for one. If somebody wants me to haul it off and the deck is solid, I might drag it home. If nothing else, I can probably set a Briggs on it and make a halfway decent mower out of it.

Crap, I forgot. I also sold the first Frankenmower I put together. It took parts from 4 pieces of junk to come up with a half decent mower. I had less that $35 in it and got $65 out of it. That's not much profit, but then I'm not trying to raise a family on my work. I'm just staying busy. My wife thinks I'm nuts, but turning wrenches is somehow satisfying. Weird, ain't it? LOL!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your government & your big businesses have been brain washing the entire population from the end of WW II that a free market & competition will mean that they will be able to have anything they want at a price that will get cheaper every day.
So no surprise that all of the paper pushers & office Jonnies now believe this with the resolve of a religion
So I want a new lounge , washing machine, dry vacuum, wet vacuum, car, truck, mower, hedge trimmer , weed wacker , blower etc etc etc and I want it yesterday .
Slowly my customers are coming around .
But it has been a long hard road over the past 11 years during which time I have been on the recieving end of all sorts of abuse, verbal & physical .
Even now I still get people asking me " is the $ 200 self propelled mower on special at Aldi this week any good "
My fairly well universal answer is
"Find their web site and see how much a service would cost in parts & labour ".
I even had one ( now banned ) customer try to sue me because I refused to service his ebay chain saw so the chain broke and made a mess of his hand & left leg and this was my fault because I refused to sharpen or replace the blade .

TobyU

Threads
The best thing we can do do is simply refuse to work on the off brand ones.
If shops all tell people the same thing that "They just aren't worth putting the time and money into due to limited parts availability and non compatibility with the other mainstream brands"
People will eventually catch on and even if not enough of them do.... Doesn't matter. No one needs to waste their time or more time or work harder when they have lines of people bringing an oversupply of OPE to get repaired.
Don't be afraid to pick and choose what you work on...just make up a good (or good sounding) reason for it.

smhardesty

Threads
I even had one ( now banned ) customer try to sue me because I refused to service his ebay chain saw so the chain broke and made a mess of his hand & left leg and this was my fault because I refused to sharpen or replace the blade .
That's another sad thing in our society. It's sue, sue, sue, every chance they get. Considering that you can sue McDonald's for the coffee you just bought being hot, I'm no longer surprised by some of the ridiculous and frivolous lawsuits I hear about. LOL!

Even though I'm doing this small engine repair on a very small scale out of my garage, I have considered buying a liability umbrella policy, just in case. My homeowner's policy should cover pretty much anything that comes along, but in this day and age an extra liability policy is probably a smart thing to have.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That's another sad thing in our society. It's sue, sue, sue, every chance they get. Considering that you can sue McDonald's for the coffee you just bought being hot, I'm no longer surprised by some of the ridiculous and frivolous lawsuits I hear about. LOL!

Even though I'm doing this small engine repair on a very small scale out of my garage, I have considered buying a liability umbrella policy, just in case. My homeowner's policy should cover pretty much anything that comes along, but in this day and age an extra liability policy is probably a smart thing to have.
Don't even think about doing any work without public liability insurance .
While I have a first name relationship with my customers, when he can't work and the bills start coming in she will not be so friendly.
I have had people try to sue because they tore their trousers on a folded down mower handle .
Another idiot grabbed his chain saw by the bat & chopped up his hand because "I had not applied the chain brake"
I lost that case because I did not have an "authorised persons only past this point sign " at the door .
I do now .
Even if it means for the first couple of years all you make covers the policy .
In town you should get away with installing a sump oil burner heater for the workshop and that will get rid of the old dirty diesel .
An old sink outside is a good idea.
I do all my degreasing outside the only washers inside are the 2 I use for carbs.
And what a lot of people have passed over, a simple dishwasher will do an excellent job any tyou should be able to pick up one from the local dump .