Help locating parts for Pulsar mower

smhardesty

Threads
I had another mower come in with a brand name I had never heard of. It is a Pulsar model # PTG12205, with a serial number of PTG1220520090337. The engine data stamped on the back of the case is DV0150 19123092329. I have searched and searched and can't find a single site that has any parts for this thing. I'm not 100% sure, but this thing can't be over 3 or 4 years old, and might even be newer, at least by looking it over. The original, paper, stick on price tag is still on the top of the motor. I'd think that would have been long gone if the mower was older than a few, short years.

It might be an off the wall, cheap push mower, but it has a couple of features that are pretty nifty. First, the handle is shaped with the end turned up, giving taller guys like me a more comfortable handle height to use. Then, there is a really nifty height adjustment system. There is a nice, large handle sticking up on the right rear wheel you use to make the adjustments. The rear wheels are connected by an axle assembly and a rod runs from the left rear wheel to the left front wheel. Another axle assembly connects the two front wheels.

There is a slight problem with the front left wheel. The owner backed a big zero turn over the left front corner. It bent the left front wheel bracket and the rod of the axle assembly. I'm about 99% sure when I take the front end apart I'll be able to straighten things out, but in case I can't for some reason, I'd like to be able to order whatever new pieces I need. I'll also need either a carb rebuild kit or a new carb. I haven't tried tearing things down yet. Before I get armpit deep in this thing I'd like to know for sure that I can get replacement parts.

The only thing I found online is in the link below. You can buy a whole new mower, but they don't list parts. I have sent a message to them requesting info on where I can get parts, but haven't received any reply yet. Any help in locating a parts dealer will be greatly appreciated. Oh, yeah. I managed to find a site to download an Operator's Manual for it and that site also had a parts list diagram. When I downloaded the parts diagram it was so small I couldn't read it and when I tried zooming in things were so blurry I for sure couldn't read it. Heck, I even put my really strong reading glasses on and couldn't see things clearly. LOL!

https://pulsar-products.com/our-products/lawn-mowers/#

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Total piece of garbage sold at Menards. I serviced for a period until I started getting emails from them with Trojan viruses. My local store had me scrap their entire stock. a couple years ago. If you bump any of the wheels are anything it will bend the axles.

smhardesty

Threads
Total piece of garbage sold at Menards. I serviced for a period until I started getting emails from them with Trojan viruses. My local store had me scrap their entire stock. a couple years ago. If you bump any of the wheels are anything it will bend the axles.
I'm guessing that in the few years it has been since I was doing this kind of work, the cheap import stuff has flourished. This is the third really cheap push mower that has fallen into my hands in just a few short months. It's a shame that retailers like Menard's Lowe's Home Depot, Walmart, etc, etc, decided it was good for business to buy a boatload of this stuff, sell it out for minimal profit, then refuse to offer service or stock parts. Just how in the hell is that good for either the consumer OR the overall economy of this country?

You actually got emails from a COMPANY that included Trojans? Now, THAT is pretty sad. Any company worth a hoot should have servers running with extreme security. That's just another reason I'm happy I run Linux - NO viruses, Trojans, or other malware.

smhardesty

Threads
Bingo! Thanks. I had found those exact images on a different site, but when I tried to zoom in, it was way too fuzzy to read. I have managed to save both of the images in the link you provided as .jpg images and they are crystal clear when zoomed in.

I managed to get in contact with Pulsar directly. I actually even got a couple of return emails from them. Take a look at the screenshot below. Notice the second sentence. It's a bit hard to decipher but what is says is that they don't have ANY local dealers that sell parts. Instead, they sell parts on a "case to case basis". I'm not exactly sure what that is supposed to mean. LOL! All that matters is that I can get the carb for 20 bucks.

Other than that, I wouldn't actually need anything else from them except an air filter. I'm 99% sure I can straighten that bent bracket, either myself or one of our local machine shops. I'm just going to remove the entire front axle assembly with the brackets attached and try straightening it. I won't risk messing it up. If it won't straighten up for me fairly easily I'll let the machine shop do it. I don;t have a press anymore. One more thing I sold when we moved into town that I now wish I had back.

I'm just stupefied by these off the wall, never before heard of, cheap, small engines and mowers. I think what I'm more amazed at is the number of people that thought buying something like one of these was a better choice than buying a well known brand piece of OPE with a well known engine manufacturer that parts can be purchased for. Over the years I have had quite a few opportunities to buy different brands of import cars. I'm not just referring to something nobody has heard of. I mean Porches, Mercedes, and the like. Even though the purchase price was really low, I passed on all of them simply because there just aren't any qualified repair facilities near me. Since I sure couldn't work on one, I had to know there was a fully qualified repair shop that handled that type of car and had repair parts readily available. I can't afford to have a vehicle down for an extended period while parts are shipped in from who knows where.

Oh, well. Like I said. I now know I can get the one part I will HAVE to have to refurb this thing. I guess that's all that really matters. I was hoping to hang a price on it where I can make a good chunk of change, but now knowing the difficulties in getting parts I'm thinking I'd best just price it to move it out of here. LOL!

Screenshot_2023-01-05_12-24-13.png

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm guessing that in the few years it has been since I was doing this kind of work, the cheap import stuff has flourished. This is the third really cheap push mower that has fallen into my hands in just a few short months. It's a shame that retailers like Menard's Lowe's Home Depot, Walmart, etc, etc, decided it was good for business to buy a boatload of this stuff, sell it out for minimal profit, then refuse to offer service or stock parts. Just how in the hell is that good for either the consumer OR the overall economy of this country?

You actually got emails from a COMPANY that included Trojans? Now, THAT is pretty sad. Any company worth a hoot should have servers running with extreme security. That's just another reason I'm happy I run Linux - NO viruses, Trojans, or other malware.
Briggs and Craftsman were involved it also. The Brute products made by Ardisam, which also had incorrect parts list in the owners manual, and Pulsar or Amerisun I don't remember which. The Craftsman products that were made by Dirty Hand Tools, which was out of business the following year, which listed their dealers straight from the Kohler engine dealer site. Or the new Westinghouse generators with no repair parts available.

smhardesty

Threads
Briggs and Craftsman? Dang! Yeah, I know, I'm a damned dinosaur, but I think back several years when buying anything with a Briggs or Craftsman name meant you were both buying quality and buying American. I knew guys that had HUGE toolboxes filled with nothing but Craftsman tools. My own granddad had a large set of combo wrenches and a complete set of 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" and 3/4" sockets, ratchets, and breaker bars. I can recall him taking a broken wrench or socket to the nearest Sears store and then either coming home with the replacement right then, or being promptly notified that his replacement was available for pickup. I have several of his old tools and every piece performs like it did the day it was first used. On the other hand, I have a set of the "new" Craftsman combo wrenches. I'd have to look to be sure, but I think it's a 15/16" combo wrench that the teeth stripped out of and then a long handled combo wrench either 1/2" or 9/16" size that I bent into a horseshoe using ONLY my hands - NO cheater bar.

So, I'm just guessing that all these "Chinese import" pieces of OPE are pretty similar to my newer Craftsman wrenches. Is that a pretty fair analogy?

smhardesty

Threads
Oh, boy. I just got myself a good laugh over this Pulsar mower. I mentioned the slight problem in getting a carb for this thing over on a computer forum I visit regularly. I was ticked that there are no dealers in the US of A that had parts. Well, one of the computer gurus posted a question for me. He said, "Why do you need a carb? Did you run a compression check?"

What do you say to something like that?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The last Murray push mower sold at Walmart was made by a Chinese company with no phone number .No address, and their only contact info was parts@chinesecompany dot com and chinesecompany dot com was a blank page website.

Threads
I had another mower come in with a brand name I had never heard of. It is a Pulsar model # PTG12205, with a serial number of PTG1220520090337. The engine data stamped on the back of the case is DV0150 19123092329. I have searched and searched and can't find a single site that has any parts for this thing. I'm not 100% sure, but this thing can't be over 3 or 4 years old, and might even be newer, at least by looking it over. The original, paper, stick on price tag is still on the top of the motor. I'd think that would have been long gone if the mower was older than a few, short years.

It might be an off the wall, cheap push mower, but it has a couple of features that are pretty nifty. First, the handle is shaped with the end turned up, giving taller guys like me a more comfortable handle height to use. Then, there is a really nifty height adjustment system. There is a nice, large handle sticking up on the right rear wheel you use to make the adjustments. The rear wheels are connected by an axle assembly and a rod runs from the left rear wheel to the left front wheel. Another axle assembly connects the two front wheels.

There is a slight problem with the front left wheel. The owner backed a big zero turn over the left front corner. It bent the left front wheel bracket and the rod of the axle assembly. I'm about 99% sure when I take the front end apart I'll be able to straighten things out, but in case I can't for some reason, I'd like to be able to order whatever new pieces I need. I'll also need either a carb rebuild kit or a new carb. I haven't tried tearing things down yet. Before I get armpit deep in this thing I'd like to know for sure that I can get replacement parts.

The only thing I found online is in the link below. You can buy a whole new mower, but they don't list parts. I have sent a message to them requesting info on where I can get parts, but haven't received any reply yet. Any help in locating a parts dealer will be greatly appreciated. Oh, yeah. I managed to find a site to download an Operator's Manual for it and that site also had a parts list diagram. When I downloaded the parts diagram it was so small I couldn't read it and when I tried zooming in things were so blurry I for sure couldn't read it. Heck, I even put my really strong reading glasses on and couldn't see things clearly. LOL!

https://pulsar-products.com/our-products/lawn-mowers/#
https://mowerpartsland.com/?s=Pulsar&post_type=product. I am continuing the qwest I got an owners manual but trying now to do a more in depth search for any real info