Help - FC150V (JD 14SB) oil change

canuck88

Threads
Hi all,

Just picked up a good condition 14SB; have changed out everything except the oil - how the heck do I drain the oil from this FC150V engine? Any help is much appreciated!

possum

Threads
If there is no plug you will have to tip it and drain the oil from the fill tube. Drain the gas from the tank first.

Lawnranger

Threads
I use an oil vacuum device and it has a small reinforced hose that you can put down the dipstick tube. Simply pump the hand vacuum pump and the oil starts to flow. Works great on inboard boat engines and Mercedes Benz uses them in their shop. You can find discount pumps at Walmart for around $20.00 or you can spend over $100.00 for one online. I bought mine from DR Power equipment when they were on sale and it has served me well for over three years now.

canuck88

Threads
Can anyone tell me where the oil drain plug would be if it has one? I like the vacuum pump idea as well, but would still like to locate the drain plug.

mcdrhntr

Forum Newbie
Threads
The large brass drain at the base of the motor ,carb side.Loosen the drain slightly just to break free,slide a pc of clear 3/4 in. ID tubing about 6 or 8 in. long over the front round part of the drain,then back off the drain slowly until the oil starts flowing thru the tubing into a recepticle.

canuck88

Threads
The large brass drain at the base of the motor ,carb side.Loosen the drain slightly just to break free,slide a pc of clear 3/4 in. ID tubing about 6 or 8 in. long over the front round part of the drain,then back off the drain slowly until the oil starts flowing thru the tubing into a recepticle.

Fantastic - exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!