Hello from the West Coast of Scotland

The Grass Grouse

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello to one and all, I am a Sound Recordist to trade (was working in film and TV until Covid) but I also run a modest little garden service on the side. It's thanks to this site that I was successful in repairing a leaking seal on the transmission of my 2016 Honda HRX 537 HYEA, so thanks to those who commented on a post related to this, between you guys and You tube I've learned lots more about my kit.

Incidently I have two HRX 537's, one 2014, one 2016 as well as a Toro DH220. I try where possible care for my own kit myself so no doubt be tapping you fine people up from time to time with questions. This summer I've had to re-seal the aforementioned tansmission, learned how to better sharpen my blades and now do routinely on a 2nd hand bench grinder (as well as balance them as perfect as I can with a nail in a vice) replaced both front bearings on the DH220 as well as replace the V-belt on the DH220. I treat it all as seriouse kit given their value and hopefully be keeping many lawns trim and tidy for years to come!
Also have a
Stihl FS135,
FS50,
SH55,
HS82-RC (30")
HS82-T (26")
and a (refurbished this season) Charterhouse FXD 151 Scarifier.

I have to travel my DH220 to a few customers gardens, so I've taken to popping an R-pin in the height adjuster handle to stop it bouncing around as had to replace that last year, anyone else got a 'travel safe' solution for their ride-on mower? (previous handle became damaged bouncing up and down on our rough roads..)

KennyBlower and grass.JPGCharterhouse 151.jpgCutting Grass.JPGDH220 and HRX537.JPGMulching.JPGsome of the family.jpgToro DH220.JPG

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the Lawnmower Forum!!!!!
Looks like you've got a good little business going (y)

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Would love to visit Scotland someday. Have traced family roots back to Scotland in the year 1100 AD or thereabouts. For some reason, my 8th great grandfather packed up and moved to America in the 1600's.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum. Nice pics! :)
I'm sure you'll find plenty of advice around here.