Hello from the UK

Twinkle

Threads
Hello everyone. I'm not sure this is the right place to post a greeting but I saw a few others here so hopefully I'm okay. I'm British and have a really nice old cottage with around 1/5 acre of garden. Most of it is lawn and we have managed with a Black and Decker walk behind since living here. However we just bought some more land next door and that is a wild place, so I'm here to pick your brains and share my adventures in lawnmower land.:smile:

dria

Threads
Hi there it is nice to meet you. I hope that you are doing well. I do have one question. Do 2 seated tractors have the steering column on the same side that cars in the UK do?

mowsby

Threads
Hey there twinkle, so nice to meet someone from so far away. Glad to see you join the forum. I would love to hear about what things you grow in your yard.. or do you call them gardens there?

Twinkle

Threads
Hi there it is nice to meet you. I hope that you are doing well. I do have one question. Do 2 seated tractors have the steering column on the same side that cars in the UK do?

Thanks for the greeting. Yes, I am doing great. Hope you are the same. Do you mean tractors that farmers drive? I have never thought about that as we tend to spend more time muttering and trying to get past them than anything else. I seem to recall that they are seated more in the centre of the cab, but if there are two seats maybe not.

Twinkle

Threads
Hey there twinkle, so nice to meet someone from so far away. Glad to see you join the forum. I would love to hear about what things you grow in your yard.. or do you call them gardens there?

:smile: Thanks for the welcome. Yes, we call them gardens. If you live in a house with just concrete then that would be a 'back yard'. We have the usual flowers, roses of course and honeysuckle vines. I am in the first year of a vegetable patch too. It beats going to the allotment, much nicer to watch things grow from your window.