Hello everyone

zimm828

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello out there. Just acquired a 1994 612 with a 48" deck. Anyone have any books I could scan or files they could send me concerning the hydraulic pump/motor assemblies? My right side wheel has forward only and makesa terrible sound when you try to go to reverse. I also cannot rotate the lever to disengage the pump and place it in bypass so I can pull the tractor to my barn. I'm going to pull it apart and it would be nice to see a diagram so I can recognize when something might not be right. I have rebuilt hydraulic motors and pumps for the last 15 years so I cannot believe it would be something too unusual. Just like to be as prepared and informed as I can. FYI I also own a JohnDeere 214 circa 1973 (2nd owner, wife's grandfather bought new) and I have a circa 1970 Cub Cadet 124 hydrostatic. I am buildinga small front end loader for the Cub Cadet as the deck was shot and the PTO needed replaced as well.

zimm828

Forum Newbie
Threads
Follow up guys. I found out the transmission is a 771 made by Eaton and I have also gotten a manual detailing a rebuild in detail. I have sourced parts and it looks like I can rebuild for around $300. They look to be rather simple in design and construction, figuring it will take me about 2 days or so to clean up, disassemble, inspect and rebuild with new o-rings, check valves, etc. Barring needing rotors I think this will be acost effective repair. Has anyone else out there ever doen this and if so, can you give me any pointers?

173abn

Threads
ZIMM,where'd you get the manual? russ

zimm828

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can not find the link anymore but email me directly at zimm828@yahoo.com and I'll send you the pdf directly with all the manuals I have found. I did the pdf upload but not sure where they went or if it worked.