Export thread

head bolt torque sequence

D

dentra

Hi all! I have a toro wheel horse lawn tractor that I am in the process of replacing a blown head gasket. does anyone know the proper head bolt torque sequence? I have looked everywhere to no avail! it is a 1996 14hp Briggs model# 28N707 0131-01 I have looked on Briggs site and all I can find is the torque spec not the sequence? Thanks for your help!

EngineMan

EngineMan

Is this what you are looking for...!

Attachments

Fish

Fish

Yeah, it is not that critical, just criss/cross the head in gradual increments.

D

dentra

Is this what you are looking for...!

Yes this is what I am looking for but as luck would have it my head is different then all in the illustration! but thanks anyway!!!

D

dentra

That's what I was thinking, and prob. be what I will do! alternate bolts and tighten three or four times little by little till I get to the proper torque! Thanks!

EngineMan

EngineMan

I believe its this one.

Attachments

reynoldston

reynoldston

I don't know the number of different head bolt I have tighten through the years. Never had any problems with sequence. I never look at a chart but do it as Fish has just posted here. The only thing he left out is always work in a circle.

Fish

Fish

Yeah, I jokingly tell folks that we "ain't workin' on no space shuttle", but small engines have their own quirks and oddities which can make one pull his/her hair out....

D

dentra

I believe its this one.

That's the one!! Thanks EngineMan!!

EngineMan

EngineMan

Your welcome..:thumbsup:

G

grybrd138

I believe its this one.

thanks, steve