having trouble locating a part

Sonders

Threads
I recently was given a Scag suspension seat from a contractor buddy that comes in to work all the time (mine has a worn out old high back). The cushions are in excellent shape, just had a broken part of the back frame that needed to be welded up that he didn't want to mess with. I disassembled the entire seat and cleaned it all up good and welded the frame up so it's good to go. However upon inspection of all the components I see that the gas shock on the back of it that is mounted between the two springs is broke. I have looked through different year Turf Tiger manuals on the Scag website and am not seeing a detailed suspension seat breakdown to be able to get a part # for this shock. Anybody help me out?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would take the broken shock to an auto parts store. Most carry a wide variety of shocks and you should be able to find one there at a cheaper price.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The easiest thing is to get a hold of your buddy and get the original mower's model number.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would take the broken shock to an auto parts store. Most carry a wide variety of shocks and you should be able to find one there at a cheaper price.

I agree there. If you were to get the correct one from Scag, you wouldn't want to pay that much....

Sonders

Threads
The easiest thing is to get a hold of your buddy and get the original mower's model number.

That was the first thing I did. There is no detailed breakdown of the suspension seat in the parts manual for it. I'm going to try your suggestion of taking it to autoparts store and trying to find one to fit. If not then I guess I'll just call Scag dealer with the model # from his mower and maybe they can find it.

Sonders

Threads
Well no luck at the local auto parts stores. Called Scag dealer and sure enough.....$100 for a new one, no thanks. I'm gonna weld the broken tab back on and give that a try. I weigh about half of what the guy who gave me the seat does; so maybe it'll hold up alright for me.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well no luck at the local auto parts stores. Called Scag dealer and sure enough.....$100 for a new one, no thanks. I'm gonna weld the broken tab back on and give that a try. I weigh about half of what the guy who gave me the seat does; so maybe it'll hold up alright for me.

You might try some searches online, just with the length, diameters, etc....

Sonders

Threads
You might try some searches online, just with the length, diameters, etc....

Gotcha, I'll have to give that a try. In the meantime, welded the end back on and gonna try it for now. Maybe it will hold alright.