Export thread

Have you had snow yet?

A

AndyMan

We woke up one morning to a white lawn, but the roads and driveway were clear. We usually don't need to break out the snow blower until late December.

Wayne195

Wayne195

Please keep your snow up there!:smile: I here that even in my area the snow is supposed to come earlier.:frown:

H

Harriet

Here in Arkansas we have been known to be wearing shorts still at Thanksgiving. And yet, our first snow is generally right around Christmas Eve or so. Hard to believe the weather can change so much in that short time. I can remember several ice storms right at Christmas too.

K

KennyV

I can remember several ice storms right at Christmas too.

Snow not so bad ... guess it has to come eventually ...

BUT Ice storms, don't care for any of that... breaks too many trees and everything else... Major clean up after...KennyV

173abn

173abn

Yikes!Looked out my patiodoor just now and it's a rain/snow mix. big flakes too. russ

K

KennyV

Yikes!Looked out my patiodoor just now and it's a rain/snow mix. big flakes too. russ

Ha hah...
Same here this late afternoon...
BUT I will not count this as MY first snow of the season... It melted immediately when it contacted anything..
When I can use a broom to move it away from my walk way... then it's "my first " snow... :laughing:
Guess I better mow the last of the leaves this wkend, and then think about taking the mower deck off and putting on the snow blower... (may be a little early to do that just yet)... :smile:KennyV

M

minkyung

No snow here :) but very cold already. My friend went out playing golf. Temperature is six degrees. Maybe the guys on military service are made to swim Han River now.

JDgreen

JDgreen

Ha hah...
Same here this late afternoon...
BUT I will not count this as MY first snow of the season... It melted immediately when it contacted anything..
When I can use a broom to move it away from my walk way... then it's "my first " snow... :laughing:
Guess I better mow the last of the leaves this wkend, and then think about taking the mower deck off and putting on the snow blower... (may be a little early to do that just yet)... :smile:KennyV

Mid-Michigan usually gets it's first real snowfall around Turkey Day, I have had all my snow removal gear (2 blowers, ATV with plow, JD with FEL and RB) ready for 2 weeks now. I hate working on things when the weather is cold, especially cleaning and storing mowers, trimmers, etc. so I try to have things done by the end of October. Supposed to hit 60 degrees here late Monday and I could do mowing one more time but am not going to because all my equipment is stored.

K

KennyV

Supposed to hit 60 degrees here late Monday and I could do mowing one more time but am not going to because all my equipment is stored.

The late 'last' mowing is why I have not switched yet... I always try to catch that...
I want to give everything a final going over next wk... I hope... then switch. :smile:KennyV

C

carl22

No snow yet, but it did sleet for a few minutes about a week ago. Here in the deep south, we very rarely have any measurable snowfall. I'm not complaining, mind you :laughing: .

G

Green Girl

Here in north Idaho it has been snowing all week. We have a foot on the ground already and they are predicting another foot by Sunday when it supposedly will stop. I think our Thanksgiving leftovers will last until about then!

JDgreen

JDgreen

Here in north Idaho it has been snowing all week. We have a foot on the ground already and they are predicting another foot by Sunday when it supposedly will stop. I think our Thanksgiving leftovers will last until about then!

Got our first real, stays-on-the-ground inch and a half snow last night, I can't wait to take our cats, including a 6 month old kitten, outside to play. For those of you who have never seen a kitten act goofy when they experience their first snow outing, it makes me laugh so hard my sides ache. We have one three year old black and white feline who tries to dig tunnels when the snow is deep enough...:laughing: