Hate my Stihl SH86C

lroche

Forum Newbie
Threads
Purchased this shredder vac new with the fuel additive and taxes it was over $300. I am selling it on Craigs list and Ebay. It is impossible to start, clearly no made for women.

LandN

Threads
Purchased this shredder vac new with the fuel additive and taxes it was over $300. I am selling it on Craigs list and Ebay. It is impossible to start, clearly no made for women.

I suppose it is possible that you have a regular starter system that requires more effort to pull the rope than that of a 'easy 2 start' system that some companies have that makes the pull starting much easier,i'm not sure but i think stihl has both systems

lroche

Forum Newbie
Threads
No its the top of the line easy start! Honestly I am not that weak, it is a serious paint in the butt I hate it, everytime I go to the garage and see that $300 blower sitting there I get #$$% off. So I am selling it. Even took a guy quite a few pulls to get it started.

I suppose it is possible that you have a regular starter system that requires more effort to pull the rope than that of a 'easy 2 start' system that some companies have that makes the pull starting much easier,i'm not sure but i think stihl has both systems

LandN

Threads
will the place of purchase (within their time frame) take it back due to hard starting issues?. then maybe you won't have to take a money loss selling it on your own as a used piece of equipment

lakeviewpe

Threads
The easy start feature refers to pulling effort, not how many pulls it takes to start. How old is the machine? If it has sat with gas in it, then it may be harder to start. Also the process to start some Stihls must be followed to a T or you will flood it. When you start it, put the choke on and pull the rope. You will not pull it more than 3 times on full choke. When you pull it and it makes an effort to start (fires off) then move it to half choke. the machine will start on half choke and then you can pull the trigger and the lever will move to idle automatically. Depending on the age of the unit, the dealer may be able to work something out. I personally do not like the 86 model, the 85 was much better to me, but we no longer have that option.

Parkmower

Threads
lakeviewpe said:
Also the process to start some Stihls must be followed to a T or you will flood it. When you start it, put the choke on and pull the rope. You will not pull it more than 3 times on full choke. When you pull it and it makes an effort to start (fires off) then move it to half choke. the machine will start on half choke and then you can pull the trigger and the lever will move to idle automatically. .

Thats dead on true for any stihl I use

Sammy the Red

Threads
I always prime mine first when it has been sitting for any length of time.
Always starts on the 3 rd pull when cold.

The 86 is a great hand held blower !