Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good luck!!!

JCAllison

Threads
Good luck!!!

Hey Mr. F,
Thanks. Am just hoping that this is genuine! Was by the Lawn Mower Shop yesterday and talked to Billy. Told him the whole saga. He said that I was going through what he had already been through. BUT, if this latest E-Mail is actual, then I'm a step further than he got. He went through all this and then dumped it on me! Haven't yet informed Billy of this latest development, but want to see his face when I walk in with a NEW 161081 Asm Shaft. :)

Anyway, thanks again for the assistance. Hope this finds YOU doing well.

JC

JCAllison

Threads
Hey All,
Just had a knock on the door. Got to the door in time to see the UPS delive guy about half way back to his Brown Truck. Sitting next to the door was a box containing the 161081 Asm Shaft. I'm going to be taking it to the Lawn Mower Shop as soon as I post this note.

As Willie Shakespeare said: "All's well that ends well." :)

JC

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yah, you need to go easy on the guys that order parts/fix mowers for a living. I put in some extra scrounging time because I am semi-retired, and am semi retired because no shop around here wants to pay a good parts guy more than $8 an hour.

These shops usually frown upon their employees spending an hour or two trying to scare up a part, and I really cannot blame them.

They however hold little value for the old guys that can locate a part/part number quickly, they encourage us to educate kids that don't give a chit.

I was just trying to help you out a little here, don't go in and attack your local parts guy, you will need him soon enough.

JCAllison

Threads
Yah, you need to go easy on the guys that order parts/fix mowers for a living.

Hey Mr. F,
Well, Billy is a really good guy. We've been friends for many years. Just got back from taking the part to him. He was quite surprised that it got here as quickly as it did.

I put in some extra scrounging time because I am semi-retired, and am semi retired because no shop around here wants to pay a good parts guy more than $8 an hour.

I know what you mean. There is an over-all general readjusting of the pay scales for the lower classes going on. In Greece they call it "austerity", and everyone got up in arms over it. Here in the USA, it's called "the sequester". The government is cutting funding across the board, and the way that they instituted it made it to where there wasn't anyone blame-able.

These shops usually frown upon their employees spending an hour or two trying to scare up a part, and I really cannot blame them.

Well, this is just a single guy and he has his teenage son helping. They are good people.

They however hold little value for the old guys that can locate a part/part number quickly, they encourage us to educate kids that don't give a chit.

The uneducated kids are also willing to work for less pay.

I was just trying to help you out a little here, don't go in and attack your local parts guy, you will need him soon enough.

Didn't mean to leave the impression that I was in any way upset with the local parts guy. He's a friend, and I don't get upset over stuff like this. But I did kid him a little. I told him that if I could help him with anything else to just let me know. After all, I'm here on the LawnMowerForum, and I told him that you guys are "HOT"! :)

Billy said that he's have Karel, the Craftsman Lawn Tractor to me later this week. Hope I can afford what he's going to charge.

Anyway, things seem to be working out.

Hang in there.

JC

JCAllison

Threads
Hey All,
Update on Karel, the 42" Craftsman Lawn Tractor:

Billy, from the LawnMowerShop delivered Karel back yesterday morning. He said that the DieHard Battery is toast. Will have a replacement for it today. Have to remove the OLD Battery to trade in as a core.

Billy said what had happened to the 161081 Asm Shaft was that apparently over the years, the Battery had leaked electrolyte down onto it and just ate it away. Told him that I had never noticed that the Battery was leaking. He said ALL Batterys leak!

Nonetheless, the Asm Shaft was $33.73 delivered. The installation of the Asm Shaft was $87.48. NEW Battery will be under $40.00, so for less than $160.00 Karel is back up and running.

Am going to remove the Blades from the MowerDeck, sharpen them, then reinstall, and then if it's not too hot, will mow the lawns.

Again, want to thank everyone for the responses. Will be in touch. Hope you all are well..

JC