Happy Thanksgiving everyone

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just wanna wish everyone a happy thanks giving. May your food be great and your deserts be even better.

1669279665511.png

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I be hiding the rest of the day....Not going to get shot for being a turkey.

But I know one bird I am waiting to show up. I got the 12ga with BB shot awaiting for him/her as I done lost 4 chickens in the last week. Boy the gun shop didn't know what T (BBB) shot was. Try to sell me some #5 instead. When #2 don't work then #5 definitely will not.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had a neighbor thought she was losing chickens to a hawk. Trail cam showed it was an owl.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I don't think an owl is usually in the middle of the day. I do have great horn owls here at night but there no way they can get to my flock at night. My crow guards are on duty to alert me when he around. It appears I have a pair of hawks in the area as the crows was sounding the alarm both North and South me yesterday.

Years ago I had an owl to go into chicken house and kill him. But I resolve that by a five sided pen and a sliding door that I closed at night.

Anyway I go to start the turkey cooking along with everything else. Don't know why I bother anymore as it is just me now. I reckon I still missing having a family to care for. Oh well that just what it is.

mcostello

Threads
Had a horned owl kill a duck and come back in daylight. Set a leg hold trap before I knew it was an owl. Caught it by a toenail. Threw a burlap bag over it and moved it 5 miles away. Threw it up in the air to release it and it plonked into the ground. Set it on the Wifes car where it deposited a big mess then flew away. 5 miles was not enough, ran out of ducks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You not believe this but had one that was caught in a steel trap mess up the leg pretty bad. I keep him cage for several months while him recovered. I fed him a lot of roadkill. Apparently he paid me back when I released him as him never bother the ducks or chickens I had at the time. But I still keep a close eye on the flock. Apparently he consider them family and you don't normally eat family members.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Anyway the turkey is in the oven cooking and my tummy is rumbling.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Anyway the turkey is in the oven cooking and my tummy is rumbling.
i've been eating light, yesterday, minimal breakfast today.. ;)
We've got Turkey, Dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, etc.
pies and puddings out the wahzoo....

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Shut up:LOL:...Keep it up and I find your house to pig out as you are making me hungrier. Hope you know I kidding.

I got to keep myself under or the BP will off the chart. Trying a low salt turkey this time around. Probably be low on taste too but that I get for having high BP. Even normal foods you buy tastes so salty now. I must be getting use to the no/low salt diet I have been for the last three years. I surely don't end up in the ICU again.

Pumpkin and Apple pie in frig, sweet potatoes awaiting their turn in oven, but I got to do the stuffing first. Left it out of the turkey this year. No regular potatoes as I forget to get them Sunday because I can't have the mayo anymore either. Dang old age and high BP is the pits.