GXV120 What? (A1, A12, A14, A1L...) Trying to purchase parts

sbklf

Threads
  • / GXV120 What? (A1, A12, A14, A1L...) Trying to purchase parts
I need parts for an older (1988 or so) lawn mower engine. On Jacks they list about 15 different GXV120's S/N ranges that my S/N falls in but after the GXV120 is a designation my engine does not have. The mower is a HR194 PXA and the engine is stamped GXV120-1771628 so how do I tell if it is an A1, A1#, A12, A14, A1L, A1L2, A1LA, D1, D1#, D12 blah, blah, blah?

I am replacing the rings. It has been a while since my last top end but back then you could purchase top end, carb... gasket sets much cheaper than individually, is this not the case with Honda mower parts?

Thanks, Kevin

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It looks like standard rings for your mower are either part number 13010-ze6-003 or 004, but both appear to supercede to 13010-ze6-013 And a gasket kit is available for your engine.

As far as the engine numbers there should be a 3 or 4 digit number and a 5 digit number stamped into the engine block right next to the engine serial number. but I used your mower model number and serial number to find your engine parts.

sbklf

Threads
It looks like standard rings for your mower are either part number 13010-ze6-003 or 004, but both appear to supercede to 13010-ze6-013 And a gasket kit is available for your engine.

As far as the engine numbers there should be a 3 or 4 digit number and a 5 digit number stamped into the engine block right next to the engine serial number. but I used your mower model number and serial number to find your engine parts.

Thanks. I still want to ID my engine for parts searching to be sure to get the correct parts since ordering on line. I have turned it every direction and only find #'s in two places, the one I listed and another that says: HONDA GXV120-118 cm3, but I will look again.

If I cant figure it out I will have to purchase the parts locally for twice the price.

I want all OEM Honda parts if possible, where do you suggest to purchase them?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
You won't find a parts catalog for just the exact engine for your mower; all the engine parts are inclusive of the mower's parts catalog. Other Honda GXV120 parts catalogs are for loose engines (originally sold without a mower) and/or Honda engines originally sold to an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) who fitted a Honda engine to their brand X mower.

Here's the Honda Factory Parts Lookup site; this is for reference only, no retail sales.

Honda Power Equipment, Engines and Marine Factory Parts Lookup

When you do have a list of part numbers, Google a part number to find a Honda Dealer selling it online, or use this link to find a Honda Dealer in your area: Find A Honda Dealer

Consider giving your local dealer a chance to compete vs. online sellers. The local guy wants your business, and will always offer "Free shipping" for counter sales. :tongue:

sbklf

Threads
Consider giving your local dealer a chance to compete vs. online sellers. The local guy wants your business, and will always offer "Free shipping" for counter sales. :tongue:

I would have but in the past have waited forever for parts from this vendor. I ordered the parts from Honda parts nation, they were very helpful. Thanks, Kevin