GX620 carb

plasmaguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good morning all,

I have a Honda GX 620 on a welding machine and the carb a very clean for a 15 year old machine.

I there a chart somewhere that tell if the newer carbs will work on this engine?
Finding a rebuild kit is proving difficult too.
This engine has 300 hours on it and started running rough. I assumed fuel issues. Carb is spotless ... The fuel filter is a poor design too.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good morning all,

I have a Honda GX 620 on a welding machine and the carb a very clean for a 15 year old machine.

I there a chart somewhere that tell if the newer carbs will work on this engine?
Finding a rebuild kit is proving difficult too.
This engine has 300 hours on it and started running rough. I assumed fuel issues. Carb is spotless ... The fuel filter is a poor design too.

Try flushing the fuel tank and lines and fill with fresh gasoline.

Even a speck of dirt or slime inside the main jet or main nozzle can cause surging or poor running, as can a plugged air filter, inop choke, bad spark plug, etc.

gx620carb_zps9a84369f.jpg

Honda does not offer a rebuild kit for the carb, but a new carb and all the individual parts for it are available from any Honda dealer. Have the serial number off the side of the engine block when you call to get the correct parts for your specific GX620 engine.

Find A Honda Dealer