GV400 Alternative carb advice please?

villavillans

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'll get straight to the point...

Bought a ride on mower with a Honda GV400 engine attached but it was missing the carb and, just my luck, it appears that Honda stopped producing the carb I need quite a while ago and there are no new replacements anywhere (especially in the UK).

So clearly I have a few options to my carb problem (buy another engine, wait for the carb to appear on ebay, use an SU carb with a custom manifold ect), but I was hoping maybe someone on this forum has any experience/recommendations for alternative carbs that they know can run on the GV400.

I was also wondering whether the carb from the G400 will fit onto the GV400? Surely it's just the same carb but mounted differently?

Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you searched for this part number? 16100-891-073

villavillans

Forum Newbie
Threads
For an ATV...you sure this is the one I need/could fit?

Sorry for the question but it will be a fair chunk of money to ship it to UK, so I need to be sure!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
On that page is a link to email him to find out if it fits but you would be amazed what it works on. At lease 25 boat motors.

villavillans

Forum Newbie
Threads
It would not allow me to message him through Ebay. There are a number of carbs that look similar to the one needed for a GV400. Do you think any of the following would be suitable?

G200 Carb
GX340 Carb
GX120 Carb
G300 Carb

I found a carb for a GV400 but they wanted 」200+ for it. No way!

Oh and thank you for the help you have provided so far.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is beyond my knowledge base. I dont have access to specs on the carbs to let you know if they would work. Maybe someone else here does.

villavillans

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay, no problem. Thank you for your help!