GT262 will not turn over

AVB

Threads
Also the A2 interlock Module comes in two versions. operational the same. Early version had two separate relays and the later has a single dual relay.

Last edited:

gwbrehm

Threads
I was using battery ground for testing

gwbrehm

Threads
Just checked solenoid again using engine as ground and no voltage on spade terminal or starter post. Since the issue is in circuit board, which is connected to ignition switch, can it be repaired or am i looking at a new switch/board? Mine is the older board with a single relay.

gwbrehm

Threads
I grounded battery to frame with jumper cable to ensure a good ground and tested solenoid. Now with key in start position, spade terminal on solenoid is 6.52 volts and nothing on starter terminal. Tried jumping battery (grabing at straws) and no change. I am going to check ground points.

AVB

Threads
Okay with the other lead of the jumper cable set go from battery positive to main post of the starter (ie the large cabled one) and then try. It is looking you have bad connections but finding them can be a challenge for the inexperienced. It is even for me and I have been doing it for over 40 yrs.

I had a few that all the voltages were there until the connections got loaded then they would drop out. It took me nearly 4 hrs to run it down.

AVB

Threads
As will see from the following the main post of the starter should have 12vdc all the time and the solenoid is the one switched.

Partial GT262 wiring diagram.
JD GT262 Circuit.PNG

AVB

Threads
Just got off JD Parts. They only the switch as part of the module PN AM136679 which is nearly $200.

gwbrehm

Threads
Now it gets crazy! Cleaned up some terminals and changed out battery for kicks and it started up an ran great. Turned it off and tried again and back to no start and 6.5 volts going to spade terminal on solenoid. Happened twice now and goes back to low voltage on spade terminal. Do you think its a bad ground somewhere or in the switch? I saw the price on the switch and it isnt cheap, want to make sure thats it before i drop 200.00

gwbrehm

Threads
tried the jumper cable from battery to solenoid and no change

gwbrehm

Threads
i have a working lx188, i wonder if it uses same switch? i could swap it out to make sure thats the issue