Green tomatoes

Madi

Threads
I have a tomato plant in my back yard, all the tomatoes are still green, they have been there over 2 weeks, how long does it take for them to turn red? Will they ever turn red or should I find something to do with green tomatoes?

mois25

Threads
The duration never crosses my mind; back then when we were into serious farming, they would turn red sooner that anyone expected.

Nonetheless, there is a way you can ripen them off the vine.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a tomato plant in my back yard, all the tomatoes are still green, they have been there over 2 weeks, how long does it take for them to turn red? Will they ever turn red or should I find something to do with green tomatoes?

CANADA...and you still have a tomato plant out...are you woofing us? :confused2: One year we tried to ripen green tomatoes that we picked off the plants in late October, the method was to wrap each one in newspaper and store in a cool, dark place, didn't work worth a darn,

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

If you are lucky enough to still have green tomatoes ...
You should either fry them OR pickle them .... OH sooooo good... :smile:KennyV

bret

Threads
Canada has had a wacky weather pattern this year, a friend of mine lives up there and has told me they have got lots of rain and stuff in his garden was starting to re-bloom so tomatoes wouldn't surprise me.

Driller

Threads
Oh my gosh -- fried green tomatoes! I'm not sure I could ever eat them. I mean, have you seen the movie with Kathy Bates? See it once, and it gives barbecue a whole new meaning.

bret

Threads
That is a fantastic movie. I have watched it many many times with my wife. We enjoy Mary Stuart Masterson so we watch a lot she does, or has done over the years, the BBQ is gross though~!