Buying Advice Gravely ZT Pro 260 vs Pro 160

sdb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone my name is Scott and I am new to this forum,

I am looking for advice. I am looking to get a ZT Gravely I need a commercial grade ZT. I have a Gravely dealer near me where I am looking at 2 options and not sure which to go with because of the different engines. I am not sure which way to go. I need low maintenance and longevity.

Here is the dilemma
I can get a 2012 Gravely ZT Pro-160 with a Kawasaki Engine with 23.5 HP with a carburetor or I can get a 2011 Gravely ZT Pro-260 with a Kohler Command Engine that is fuel injected. the dealer will sell them at same price around $7600

I am not sure which way to go because I have not heard great things about the Kohler engines but I am also going to need to store this outside for a season before I can get a garage for it.

Which do you think is my best option?
  • :confused2:
  • I appreciate any help you can give me.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello Scott... & WELCOME to LMF.
The Gasoline Fuel injected system 'should' be a great & efficient fuel system, its been around for decades, but fewer folks have actually worked on them...
The carburetor system 'should' be dependable, its been around for a century, most everyone knows how they work...
Kohler has had some bad press on their cheaper engines, but Kawasaki has had some problems also...
If there is a serviceability difference between the two you have listed... especially the with transmissions, I would go with the best & most serviceable... :smile:KennyV

sdb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kenny,
Thank you for your input.

Will being kept outside year effect one more than the other?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

Will being kept outside year effect one more than the other?

While outside storage is not ideal, Many mowers are outdoors their entire life, especially larger mowing systems...
Provide protection from the elements when/where you can... :smile:KennyV