Mower deck Gravely Questions....

Barney Fife

Threads
I have a 1740 ZT, Is there Hyd. Fluid in the pumps? If yes how do you check the fluid level? I have changed the motor oil. Also on each side of the deck bolted to the deck there are small Cylinders that have a bracket on them. However, I cannot see where or what they bolt to. Thanks for the help.:thumbsup:

Barney

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 1740 ZT, Is there Hyd. Fluid in the pumps? If yes how do you check the fluid level? I have changed the motor oil. Also on each side of the deck bolted to the deck there are small Cylinders that have a bracket on them. However, I cannot see where or what they bolt to. Thanks for the help.:thumbsup:

Barney

That "sounds like" hydro tranny resevoirs...do they have what appears to be motor oil or hydraulic fluid in them??? That is not a current Gravely model, so I don't know what trannies it has on it. Look on that ZTR(usually on a plate underneath the seat) and find the exact model# & serial#. Then go to the link below and search for an Owner's Manual online. That would be my suggestion for initial research. It should have maintenance instructions and specs that may answer your questions.

Ariens Order Owners Manuals

Barney Fife

Threads
DJ,
I loved looking at your pictures. You are as neat and clean as my wife.:laughing: That is a good thing. Thanks for your time.:thumbsup:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
DJ,
I loved looking at your pictures. You are as neat and clean as my wife.:laughing: That is a good thing. Thanks for your time.:thumbsup:

Not a problem, hope you can find what you need with that link. Otherwise post back and maybe a user familiar with the 1740 will chime in.