Gravely Pro Turn 460 vs Exmark Lazer Z X 60"

resqpink

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, I'm new here, considering purchase of a new z-turn. I mow 2 ac of yard w/ a craftsman 54", and @ 4 ac of field with an old tractor weekly. The tractor has seen it's better days, as has the craftsman. I'm tired of buying residential grade every 5-6 yrs.
I'm currently looking @ the Gravely Pro Turn 460 and the Exmark Lazer Z X 60". They're both about the same price, but the Gravely has a better seat, thicker deck, larger cast iron spindles, larger casters, larger pumps. It also has lim. lifetime deck & frame warranty, the rest is 3 yr.
The Exmark seems to be favored in all the forums I've searched, has a Kohler vs Kawasaki on the Gravely. The warranty on the Exmark is 5 yr, starting in Apr '13 (effectively 5 1/2 yrs).
I went to the dealer thinking Exmark, but now the Gravely looks pretty good. Does anyone here have experience with these mowers? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

RALLY

Forum Newbie
Threads
That gravely is a Cadillac. That Chevy exmark will do the job but go in style.

Popeye

Threads
Gravely here too. My uncle has one and he really likes his. Considering the abuse it's been through it has to be a good mower.

resqpink

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought the Gravely- this thing is awesome! Just finished my first yard with it, cut mowing time in half coming from a 54" lawn tractor. The cut is better, and it reaches spots I can't get to w/ the LT. I got it for $500 less than the exmark, too.

Popeye

Threads
Where are the PICS???????

resqpink

Forum Newbie
Threads
I added some not-so great pics to my album. Really like this mower so far- cut my mowing time nearly in half!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought the Gravely- this thing is awesome! Just finished my first yard with it, cut mowing time in half coming from a 54" lawn tractor. The cut is better, and it reaches spots I can't get to w/ the LT. I got it for $500 less than the exmark, too.

resqpink,
Just wanted to follow-up as your candid review of your Gravely purchase helped convince me to look at the Gravely's before pulling the string on my first ZTR. I had also considered Toros, Bad Boys, Dixons, Hustlers and Husqvarnas when I was looking. After seeing first hand the quality build, features and price of the Gravely Pro-Turn(I bought the "entry-level" 152 XDZ) the decision was easy. I don't understand why they aren't more popular than they are because they are sure a lot of bang for your buck!!!