gravely 2348xl drive belt problems

proautoguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all
i have a gravely 2348xl and i recently started breaking the drive belt. Belt# 07200010 I have broke 2) gates 6948BR replacement belts. Each belt only lasts about an hour and a half of mowing. The belt is a clean break both times. All the pulleys look great, bearings are tight, tensioner looks great. Is there something special about the oem belt? I would appreciate any help.
Thanks

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi all
i have a gravely 2348xl and i recently started breaking the drive belt. Belt# 07200010 I have broke 2) gates 6948BR replacement belts. Each belt only lasts about an hour and a half of mowing. The belt is a clean break both times. All the pulleys look great, bearings are tight, tensioner looks great. Is there something special about the oem belt? I would appreciate any help.
Thanks

Personally, I've always leaned towards using OEM replacement parts on everything I own. If all the idler pulleys seem to have good bearings and the spindles aren't making any noise, I'd try to find a Gravely dealer and give the Gravely replacement belt a shot.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi all
Thanks

Gates is a good made belt and I don't think the belt is your problem.

You say that you have recently started breaking belts so something has changed with a pulley and or guide.

Did the oem belt break then you went to the gates?

(( cowboy up and get over it ))