Grasshopper

ffbob

Forum Newbie
Threads
2005 722D2 grasshopper shuts off while mowing or idling.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
We'll need a little more info, like the engine Model numbers.does it sputter before it dies? Does it start back up immediately?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is the 722D2 a diesel? Does it restart OK? if so, then there must be a safety switch of some sort causing the problem. I would expect the seat switch for shutting off the engine when the mower is engaged, but I don't know what would cause it to shut off while idling.

ffbob

Forum Newbie
Threads
We'll need a little more info, like the engine Model numbers.does it sputter before it dies? Does it start back up immediately?
Let me backup a bit have been shutting off mower manually, does not seam to sputter before it dies, does start back up immediately. Kubota D902-ES. DIESEL

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
The following is a reply from ffbob. It got lost in the shuffle and ended up in the 'reported' file instead of the 'reply' function:

ffbob said, "Mower shuts off now with key switch ( electrical connection)
Any clues what to cheek for,motor shutting down while mowing ( starts right back up, also dies while idling. Seat switch ok."

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First thing is to check that the fuel shut off solenoid is working then disconnect the kill wires on the coil and see if it shuts down.
This then isolates it to the wiring or the engine
After that he can bypass individual switches with patch wires to see which one or the wiring between which ones is causing the shut downs.