Engine Grasshopper runs good for about an hour then starts acting up

michael_bemis2002

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Grasshopper runs good for about an hour then starts acting up
I have a grasshopper mower with about 300 hours on it. It starts up good and runs for about an hour and then it starts to act up. Once it gets warmed up it starts to miss and seems like it is not getting enough gas. I have moved the gas pump onto the outside of the frame and it doesn't seem to help. I am not for sure if its a gas pump problem or a different electrical problem. If you have any ideas on what I should check I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mike

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, when it starts acting up, loosen the fuel tank cap, and make sure it is not a simple tank-vent issue.

After that, we need to know your engine's model/spec/type/code/etc. numbers.....

michael_bemis2002

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have tried the fuel tank cap and it does not improve it. Its a 729g2 model.

GHdiesel6

Threads
My 721D was doing the same thing..I replaced the in-line fuel filter and took out the fuel pickup tube and blew it out with my air compressor and sure enough it was full of gunk. Mower runs great now! Hope you resolve the issue

Tsibert7

Forum Newbie
Threads
This may be a bit late, but our 729 Kubota gas G2 did the same thing, starving for fuel after getting really warmed up. It turned out the the fuel line from the pump to the carb was laying against the block, and the heat from the block was apparently causing the fuel to vaporize, and giving us vapor lock. After cleaning the tank out, replacing filters, etc., etc., we moved the fuel line well away from the block, and the problem went away. Until now. That was a couple years ago. Now, the fuel line is still clear of the block, so it must be something else.