grasshopper collection system

cowboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
does anyone have an easy method of removing the 16fm collection system?

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi and WELCOME to LawnMowerForum!! I have moved your thread to the Grasshopper Forum. You'll have better luck getting assistance there. :thumbsup:

steved

Threads
Easy as in how...how it separates from the machine, or how to lift it off once separated??

I installed eyebolts into my garage rafters, and use tiedown straps to lift the grass catcher for my 725k and hold it...they are more bulky than heavy. I leave them installed and slightly tensioned even when its sitting on the ground, mainly to keep it from falling over.

cowboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Steved. I was hoping there might be a way to roll the collection tank on over backwards. It was suggested by the dealer that I install eye bolts in the collection tank and use the same method as you suggested, to pull the unit up with ratchet straps. I may install the eye bolts and use a tractor loader for my assistant, ha ha. Like you said, that tank is bulkier that heavy and it may be something that I won't want to be taking off and on all that often. Thanks again. Happy mowing. Cowboy

steved

Threads
Thanks Steved. I was hoping there might be a way to roll the collection tank on over backwards. It was suggested by the dealer that I install eye bolts in the collection tank and use the same method as you suggested, to pull the unit up with ratchet straps. I may install the eye bolts and use a tractor loader for my assistant, ha ha. Like you said, that tank is bulkier that heavy and it may be something that I won't want to be taking off and on all that often. Thanks again. Happy mowing. Cowboy

Hmmm, mine had eyebolts installed in the top when I got it? Maybe a modification by the previous owner?

BWH

Threads
I also installed two eye bolts in the top of the tank, at first I used a set of smaller rope blocks and a homemade spanner bar to connect the eyebolts to the single rope blocks. Then I went to a 500 pound crank type boat/trailer winch mounted to the wall and a two pulleys to get up the wall and above the tank. Works Great I actually store it for the winter above the mower on the hoist while I have the snowblower on.

Threads
I have the 20 cubic hopper, weighs too much to handle by hand so I bought a 1 ton cherry picker, for 200.00 installed an eye-bolt and it is great, picker is on casters so I can move it around and install or remove with ease

Attachments

• 928D.jpg
    928D.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 39